• Charcoal

7 70.00%
  • Gas

3 30.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Gas or Charcoal?

This is a discussion on Gas or Charcoal? within the BBQ & Cooking forums, part of the Other category; The BBQ Forum has been idle far too long. Do you use gas or charcoal? Personally I only have charcoal ...

Default Gas or Charcoal?

The BBQ Forum has been idle far too long. Do you use gas or charcoal?

Personally I only have charcoal capability, but thinking about picking up my first gas grill in about 10 years, to burn dogs and burgers a little faster.
    "I don't think that a society that encourages over a million abortions a year....a society that kills out of convenience, i.e., Jack Kevorkian, can not have consequences." --Rush Limbaugh

Both have there place. Gas is faster and more convenient. Charcoal tastes better.
    "You can get a lot accomplished if you don't care who gets the credit" - Ronald Reagan

One of each of course.

I use gas & charcoal and I will be trying out my new smoker I got for Christmas! But I have to say that charcoal just has that taste that takes you back being a kid, at cookouts.

dcselby1 is offline Denny

Quote Originally Posted by fstroupe View Post
    The BBQ Forum has been idle far too long. Do you use gas or charcoal?

Personally I only have charcoal capability, but thinking about picking up my first gas grill in about 10 years, to burn dogs and burgers a little faster.
    I've recently noticed several stores with side-by-side charcoal/gas grilling units. Then you cook cook whatever you fancy.
    Who are the militia? Are they not ourselves? Is it feared, then, that we shall turn our arms each man gainst his own bosom. Congress have no power to disarm the militia...Tenche Coxe, The Pennsylvania Gazette, Feb. 20, 1788.

I have both. I have also used almost entirely gas for many years account convenience. However, here lately I've been thinking about back to charcoal. So if time permits, charcoal it is since it puts a great taste you can't get any other way.

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2
    “The fundamental force behind the Second Amendment is to empower the people and give them the greatest measure of authority over the tyranny of runaway government.” U.S. Rep. Bob Schaffer, 2002

Charcoal, lump kind only. I have a stove in the kitchen if I want something cooked with gas!

-Doc

I use charcoal. Charcoal tastes better to me. But I have considered getting a small gas unit for those times that I am the only one in the house who is in the mood for a grilled burger, but don't want to wait for the coals or waste the coals for 1 burger.

I love this forum.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast