Google
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Google

This is a discussion on Google within the Businesses Against Firearms & 2nd Amendment forums, part of the Main Category category; Google is no longer allowing anything related to firearms to be searched on their Google Shopping. Firearms, ammo, and accessories, ...

Firefighterchen is offline OC for Tactical Advantage

Default Google

Google is no longer allowing anything related to firearms to be searched on their Google Shopping. Firearms, ammo, and accessories, are all censored now. It will take full effect on July 1, 2012. What say all of you?
    “One of the illusions of life is that the present hour is not the critical, decisive one.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson

Google is tracking everything you do, spying without consent and selling the information

Try StartPage....they claim the most private search engine, a little less functional..like..no google maps, etc.. but worth it for the privacy.

Edit: also add Do Not Track Plus..you'll be able to monitor exactly who's tracking you. It's free.

CathyInBlue is offline Tool Maker

Damn! That's how I shopped for my XDm. Is there another Google Product Search-alike out there?
    When they "Nudge. Shove. Shoot.",
    Don't retreat. Just reload.

Quote Originally Posted by CathyInBlue View Post
    Damn! That's how I shopped for my XDm. Is there another Google Product Search-alike out there?
    StartPage

(15chars)

Also look at "Ixquick", and "DuckDuckGo". They do not track your surfing.

And the horse they rode in on.

Yahoo! Shopping - Online Shopping with great products, prices and reviews

You can still find weapons using Google search. So far, they're only censoring Google Shopping.

Google seems to have learned from China and is implementing their own censorship program.

Not sure they are censoring

"First, we are starting to transition Google Product Search in the U.S. to a purely commercial model built on Product Listing Ads."
    Google Commerce: Building a better shopping experience

They only want money to list products...

Quote Originally Posted by BillSC View Post
    Yahoo! Shopping - Online Shopping with great products, prices and reviews

You can still find weapons using Google search. So far, they're only censoring Google Shopping.

Google seems to have learned from China and is implementing their own censorship program.
    sorry, but that's not censorship. this is the equivalence of the betty crocker cookbook not including a certain category of recipe. google is not a public entity, but a private one, and free at that! the reality of the situation is that a majority of people fail to realize that when you receive free services on the internet, the service is not the product, but rather YOU are the product.

now, if you are interested in expanding access to firearms, then i suggest that you learn a whole bunch about high-end search algorhithms and start writing code. otherwise pipe down. seems that google has simply drawn a line in the sand about what their business will entail, as is the right of any business. if they believe that this action improves shareholder value, who are you to argue?

It's already happening. I just tried to search Google Shopping for Glock G19. No listings what-so-ever. Not even any suggestions for misspellings.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast