Newspaper prints names and address map of legal gun owners
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Newspaper prints names and address map of legal gun owners

This is a discussion on Newspaper prints names and address map of legal gun owners within the Businesses Against Firearms & 2nd Amendment forums, part of the Main Category category; The Journal News in Westchester NY, one the most difficult place in the United States to get a CCW, has ...

White Doberman Guest

Default Newspaper prints names and address map of legal gun owners

The Journal News in Westchester NY, one the most difficult place in the United States to get a CCW, has published the names and addresses of all firearms owners in Rockland and Westchester county. There are over 8,000 retired and active Law Enforcement Officers on the list in Rockland County alone. They are now planning on posting Putnam County as well. An outrageous invasion of privacy and political posturing. Keep in mind they have never posted a map of rapists, murderers, or child molesters on their website. Just law abiding citizens to make them look like criminals.

So someone found the reporters and the editors names, addresses, phone numbers and published them online. I personally would like to see mass protests formed in front of each of their residences. Do with them what you see fit and spread them via Twitter, Facebook, Email and write them directly.

The Journal News personal contact information:
    Merry Christmas, Eva Braun / Janet Hasson! [updated: Did reporter / paper break the law? Probably not.] | protein wisdom

White Doberman Guest

This was posted on Yahoo in the comments section:

"Readers use it as you see fit!
    Hasson is a permit holder herself, but here’s how to find her to ask:

(UPDATE: Uh oh – InstaPundit’s linked here. Hundreds of thousands of readers; Janet, you have a great Christmas Eve)
    Janet Hasson, publisher, Journal News

Janet Hasson, publisher, Journal News

Janet Hasson, 3 Gate House Lane, Mamaroneck, NY 10534.

Phone number:

(914) 694-5204

Here’s a photo showing her Mamaroneck house – interior shots are on Zillow:

Janet Hasson, 3 Gate House Rd, MamaroneckUPDATE: From reader RJS: Gannett’s CEO-

Gracia C Martore
    728 Springvale Rd
    Great Falls, VA 22066
    (703) 759-5954

The reporter on the story is

Dwight R Worley
    23006 139 Ave
    Springfield Gardens, NY 11413 (718) 527-0832

UPDATE: Intrepid readers have come up with all sorts of contacts for these people:

EDITOR:

Miss Royle’s married name is Lambert. She lives in White Plains and here is her Facebook page complete with pictures of her and her kids. Hello Sanctimony.

Cynthia R Lambert
    17 Mcbride Ave
    White Plains, NY 10603 (914) 948-9388

Work: 914-694-5001

Publisher, Janet Hasson,

3 Gate House Lane, Mamaroneck NY, 10543

(914) 694-5204

Reporter, Dwight R. Worley, 23006 139 Ave

Springfield Gardens, NY 11413

(718) 527-0832

The “Visual Editor” responsible for the map itself is:

Robert F. Rodriguez

(w) Stephanie Azzarone
    Home (212) 222-4566
    420 Riverside Dr, Apt 7A
    New York, NY 10025-7748

Publisher: Janet Hasson () 3 Gate House Rd, Mamaroneck, NY 10534

GANNET CEO:

Gracia C Martore 728 Springvale Rd Great Falls, VA 22066 (703) 759-5954

Janet Hasson herself is married with one child, and her personal interests, as culled from her credit card records, are noted below:"

Apparently these clowns don't care that they're putting peoples' lives in danger, so they're going ahead and publishing permit holders in Putnam County.
    New York newspaper to list more gun permit holders after uproar | Reuters

The paper's Senior Managing Editor (why the hell does every company attach "senior" to job titles?), CynDee Royle (yes, that is how you spell her name) stated, ”We knew publication of the database would be controversial, but we felt sharing as much information as we could about gun ownership in our area was important in the aftermath of the Newtown shootings.”
    Oh, really? "Your" area? You, Ms. Royle, do not even live in Connecticut so what the hell does this have to do with "your" area? For the sake of information, maybe Gannet's CEO needs to have a mailbox full of letters from pissed off people demanding "CynDee" (that just sounds like a hipster liberal name) and everyone involved in this piece of journalistic diarrhea be kicked to the curb for putting peoples' lives in danger in the name of "sharing information about gun ownership in her area" (and by "her area" I really mean a different state). Scumbags.

Nightmare45 is offline NRA LIFE MEMBER

While you are being on video, fighting two 90 lb dogs and being shot you could be robbing my anti gun next door neighbor, nice house, expensvie stuff.

White Doberman Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare45 View Post
    While you are being on video, fighting two 90 lb dogs and being shot you could be robbing my anti gun next door neighbor, nice house, expensvie stuff.
    While I understand that comment and get the sarcasm my profile shows I don't live in a gun friendly state like TX, but NY. This is an issue that is about to, they haven't posted my county yet, affect me directly and I'm not happy about it at all.

I do have a 95 pound dog which is why I have the profile name I have here.

Nightmare45 is offline NRA LIFE MEMBER

Quote Originally Posted by White Doberman View Post
    While I understand that comment and get the sarcasm my profile shows I don't live in a gun friendly state like TX, but NY. This is an issue that is about to, they haven't posted my county yet, affect me directly and I'm not happy about it at all.

I do have a 95 pound dog which is why I have the profile name I have here.
    I do understand your problem, began upgrading my home and ranch defense many years ago, there are many options available, I would first assume that all individuals not named as gun owners cannot defend themselves against any threat, with a recent response time in my neighborhood by police being 1 hour and 45 minutes to and alarm (busy) per officer, I can only plan on defending my home myself. Dogs especially dogs that are trained are most helpful, crooks by nature are lazy and look for the easy mark. I served in the 60's but thank you for your service to our Country.

White Doberman Guest

The publisher or editor have hired a NY city firm to provide armed guard protection at her home. Most are turning it down. It's possible it will go unfilled. $35 an hour? No way should any armed security have to be submitted to their personal information being outed for political reasons and then have to defend the hypocritical people who did the outing.

Default Re: Newspaper prints names and address map of legal gun owners

Quote Originally Posted by White Doberman View Post
    The publisher or editor or both have hired a NY city firm to provide armed guard protection at her home. Most are turning it down. It's possible it will go unfilled. $35 an hour? No way should any armed security have to be submitted to their personal information being outed for political reasons and then have to defend the hypocritical people who did the outing.
    If that's true, It's HILARIOUS!

Default Re: Newspaper prints names and address map of legal gun owners

Well since the editor CynDee whatshername said she'd out the whole state, eventually the guards will be outed. Ironic, they want protection from the same people who they despise simply because they own firearms...but these same people are now scared to death (due to their own actions, then unrepentantly doing the same thing) and need the sheepdog.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk 2

White Doberman Guest

This is the county directly above Westchester that The Journal News was attempting to publish legal firearm owners names and addresses. The county clerk said "No." Finally real American's take a stand! It is time Janet Hasson, president and publisher of The Journal News Media Group, has many realities like this come to her and put an end her career.

New York county denies request for names of gun permit holders - chicagotribune.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast