Nra
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Nra

This is a discussion on Nra within the Businesses For Firearms & 2nd Amendment forums, part of the Main Category category; They're a pro 2A group, right?...

Default Nra

They're a pro 2A group, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight View Post
    They're a pro 2A group, right?
    Self serving Lobby.
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it."Frederic Bastia

NRA is the main RKBA organization in the nation.

There are lots of detractors, mostly in the fringe.

-Doc

mizzly is offline the border Iowa,Nebraska

Self serving, maybe. On the other hand, they DO make the effort to keep tabs on local and National legislative efforts to circumvent our 2nd ammendment rights. (Check out their web site. Loads of good info there.)

They have become a "political" organization, resplendent with Legal team, Lobbiests, the whole Political Action ball game. They were not designed to be so, it came to be because SOMEONE had to fight the hype, hysteria and downright lies consistantly being spread by the Lib/Prog/Dems counter gun and 2nd ammendment.

It has been said that they don't "push" hard enough. Maybe.... but they are also circumspect enough to realize that small battles won sometimes count more than a large battle that exhausts all one's ammo.

Through efforts supported by the NRA, the number of CC States has grown from 10 just a few years ago to nearly all. The NRA was also helpful in passing the Law that protected Gun Mfgrs from frivolous lawsuits. Even now the NRA is working hard to get the "Castle Doctrine" adopted in every State.

So, while for some of you their efforts may appear not enough or too slow.... I would like to point out that our voices would NOT be heard at all in such numbers if the NRA did NOT exist.

If you are expecting perfection or a program that encompasses ALL your personal desires vis-a-vis gun rights, you will be waiting for a very long time. Until a better outfit can draw over 2 million members, this will do just fine. I support them. (... and urge membership.)

GG
    Fanatics of any sort are dangerous! -GG-
    Which part of "... shall NOT be infringed..." confuses you?
    Well now, aren't WE a pair, Raggedy Man? (Thunderdome)

Default Nra

We may not agree with how they everything.But I certainly agree with what they do for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Elklander View Post
    We may not agree with how they everything.But I certainly agree with what they do for us.
    I agree. They are a self-promoting bureaucracy.

I've been a "member" for many years though, simply because they do wield a lot of clout in Washington.

Their education programs are pretty good and having a "body" to standardize things is really good when it comes to firearm safety, etc.

Default Nra

Problem is, when they support candidates like Harry Reid for reelection, makes you wonder what they really support.

Quote Originally Posted by jerry25403 View Post
    Problem is, when they support candidates like Harry Reid for reelection, makes you wonder what they really support.
    I certainly won't argue with that.

However, the Republicans really screwed up in their primary. They had a couple of pretty decent, well-qualified candidates on the primary ballot. Yet they choose an idiot to run against the person who is very powerful and popular in the largest population area...Vegas.

They're fighting for us, everyone. It won't happen overnight. It's one skirmish at a time, then one battle at a time, then one campaign at a time to win a "war" like this one. I can pretty much guarantee that there will always be losses, and that there will always be controversies, and that there will always be the States and municipalities that think of themselves as 'special', and act like independent nations. That stuff will never end. NRA can only do so much, and nobody else can do it better, as yet.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast