Home Depot Concealed Carry - Page 3
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Home Depot Concealed Carry

This is a discussion on Home Depot Concealed Carry within the Businesses For Firearms & 2nd Amendment forums, part of the Main Category category; was there last night along with the wife and the SA champion operator. no problem at all....

was there last night along with the wife and the SA champion operator. no problem at all.
    Raul In Sunny Tavernier, The Florida Keys.
    Glock: Feed it dirt, it'll still work.
    CWFL. Speak softly and carry concealed!

Quote Originally Posted by S&W645 View Post
    You ignore it at your own peril. While there doesn't seem to be any cases yet, you could become a test case. F.S. 810.09 makes armed trespass a 3rd degree felony. The test case would boil down to does the sign invalidate your welcome if you are carrying?

I wouldnt "Ignore" the signs either, but hey... I dont exactley look for them. Claim ignorance and leave if approached and keep my money.

One thing I consider even though I dont know the legality indifferences, most businesses are in leased units in strip malls or rented buildings around here. Its not their private property they are trying to ban you from. Im a bit more indifferent to their ban in thoes situations.

Home Depot... I know they have seen mine. I reach and strech while Im getting stuff and loading the truck. Hard to hide a hip carry when tossing lumber. I have noticed slight changes in how they act, clam up mostly, but never approached. Very helpfull staff too.

Quote Originally Posted by S&W645 View Post
    You ignore it at your own peril. While there doesn't seem to be any cases yet, you could become a test case. F.S. 810.09 makes armed trespass a 3rd degree felony. The test case would boil down to does the sign invalidate your welcome if you are carrying?
    FL statutes trump any such signs. It's only trespassing if you're asked to leave and you refuse.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxx View Post
    FL statutes trump any such signs. It's only trespassing if you're asked to leave and you refuse.
    Same way here in NH as well.

THEY MAY TAKE OUR LIVES BUT THEY'LL NEVER TAKE OUR FREEDOM!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by constmantx View Post
    Received this e-mail response from Home Depot a few minutes ago.

"Thank you for contacting The Home Depot.

The Home Depot does not prohibit anyone who is legally permitted to
    carry firearms from entering our stores, provided the firearms are
    carried in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.

In addition, The Home Depot has a long-standing policy prohibiting
    employees from carrying weapons in its stores.

For any further assistance please visit or contact the Store Manger of
    your local Home Depot store.

Sincerely,

Felicia Walker

Resolution Expeditor-The Home Depot Email Team
    1-800-654-0688 ext.72698"
    If they were "pro-2A" wouldn't they allow their employees to exercise their right to lawfully carry firearms?
    Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman. Amerika: a place where the serfs are afraid of the action the police may take against them for perfectly legal behavior.

MOST retail store's have a policy set in place that PROHIBITS employees (except possibly Management or Theft Prevention teams) from trying to stop any theft. Home Depot did not say in this response, that they prohibit employees from having a firearm in their vehicle (which I know, someone here is going to tell me "That does a lot of good in the store"), something that MANY companies are trying to enforce these days.
    Hey, at least there's hope for HD, they obviously understand the validity of CCW.

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLT View Post
    If they were "pro-2A" wouldn't they allow their employees to exercise their right to lawfully carry firearms?
    I've a friend who is a principal in a company with multiple locations in multiple states. He, and many of the employees of that company have concealed weapons permits of their home states, and some have non-residence permits of other states.

He told me that no insurance company of which he is aware will write liability coverage for the company if employees are allowed to concealed carry.

His employees, many of whom are friends of mine, sign in their employee agreement that they are subject to termination for violating that agreement. Many do keep their weapon(s) of choice in their vehicles ... him included.

He would like it to be otherwise I think ...

Quote Originally Posted by gbynum View Post
    ...He told me that no insurance company of which he is aware will write liability coverage for the company if employees are allowed to concealed carry....
    Yep, it's always about the liability.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich7553 View Post
    "Meza was convicted of firearm possession earlier this year, while Moreno was convicted 10 years ago of domestic violence, according to Riverside County court records."

Does anyone other than the lunatics running Toys "R" Us believe that a "no firearms" sign would have stopped either one of these miscreants?
    I know when I drive too fast past a speed limit sign it jumps off it pole and covers my window so I have to slow down. Once I slow down it flies back to the pole. It's gotta work for those no firearms signs too. Granted they don't work in Washington but I can legally ignore the one at Toy's R Us so maybe that's why I wasn't tackled by the sign as I tried to enter.

Firearms laws are about as stupid as telling a blind man to look up.

My home depot here in northeast Ohio isn't posted and I carry concealed so have never had a problem.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast