The NRA, my confession - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

The NRA, my confession

This is a discussion on The NRA, my confession within the Businesses For Firearms & 2nd Amendment forums, part of the Main Category category; Well I can say this...We all can tell you to join the NRA . But only You can make the ...

Well I can say this...We all can tell you to join the NRA. But only You can make the Decision to join the NRA.

I can give you all the good and all the bad about the NRA. I'm a member, recruter and Instructor. So I'm very much involved in the NRA.

But it is up to you to join....So make your own call and Join or not join.

but once you made your choice stick with it. That is one think that I have learned over the years...Stick with what choices you make. do not flipp or flopp.

hope it helps.

There is no other organization who is going to fight harder than the NRA for your rights. Without them you would have already lost your guns. They're involved in numerous law suits and have supported all the most important fights.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

I wished I could get that price!

Ringo is offline A Watchman

I joined yesterday.
    AMERICA IN PROPHECY
    ~ DESTROYED Among The Nations Burdening Themselves With Jerusalem ~

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo View Post
    I joined yesterday.
    Good on you. Welcome to the club.
    "Don't let the door hit ya where the dawg shudda bit ya!"
    G'day and Glock
    GATEWAY SWIFT WING ST. LOUIS

My dad was a lifetime member.. He joined in the 60's (i think). I have had a membership for several years but never could cough up the cash for the lifetime membership.

Hmmmm.... My Life Membership cost me $125, but that was in 1971.
    Charlie

Treo is offline Bullet Proof

The NRA is a single issue orginization. As long as you support RKBA they support you. As long as they staya single issue orginization they will remain effective. As for the liberal gun grabbing scum here is some food for thought.

Paul Helmke Republican
    Josh Sugarman Republican
    Sarah Brady Republican
    James Brady Republican
    Michael Bloomberg Republican

Richard Nixon Republican
    In 1969, journalist William Safire asked Richard Nixon what he thought about gun control. "Guns are an abomination," Nixon replied. According to Safire, Nixon went on to confess that, "Free from fear of gun owners' retaliation at the polls, he favored making handguns illegal and requiring licenses for hunting rifles."
    Ronald Reagan Republican
    It was Governor Ronald Reagan of California who signed the Mulford Act in 1967, "prohibiting the carrying of firearms on one's person or in a vehicle, in any public place or on any public street." The law was aimed at stopping the Black Panthers, but affected all gun owners.

Twenty-four years later, Reagan was still pushing gun control. "I support the Brady Bill," he said in a March 28, 1991 speech, "and I urge the Congress to enact it without further delay."
    Rudi Giuliani Republican
    One of the most aggressive gun control advocates today is Republican mayor Rudolph Giuliani of New York City, whose administration sued 26 gun manufacturers in June 2000, and whose police commissioner, Howard Safir, proposed a nationwide plan for gun licensing, complete with yearly "safety" inspections.

Yup it's those damn libs you gotta look out for
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

Neither anti-gun nor pro-gun advocates come from one party. That's why the NRA is and should remain a one issue organization. Rather than join the competing orgs I donate what that cost would be to the NRA. Spreading it out just dilutes the NRA's strength.

NRA life member since 1964. It was $100 back then, but my income was equally smaller. It's the same relative price.

Off of I-80 between Des Moines and Cheyenne
    Blog Entries

I have an NRA membership only because the outdoor gun club requires NRA membership to join.

The memberships I have at GOA, SAF and others are membership AND donations.

My signature should explain why.
    1)"When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty." -Thomas Jefferson.
    2)"Imagine how gun control might be stomped if GOA or SAF had the (compromising) NRA's 4 million members!" -Me. http://jpfo.org/filegen-n-z/nraletter.htm

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast