Need a Friendly Bank - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree13Likes

Need a Friendly Bank

This is a discussion on Need a Friendly Bank within the Businesses For Firearms & 2nd Amendment forums, part of the Main Category category; Bank of America is part of a growing problem. If all gun people closed all accounts with Bank of America ...

Bank of America is part of a growing problem.
    If all gun people closed all accounts with Bank of America it would send a very big message to corporate America.
    This is how the gun lobby can have a very large impact on business and in government.
    We become a force that it will become politically correct to only to talk good of the gun groups.
    But what I’m hearing from some in this group is, we do not have a problem so screw you if you do, it is not our problem.
    We are only as strong as the weakest link.
    We need to send a message you mess with one of us you mess with all of us.
    “An armed society is a polite society.”

I'd try a creidt union.

Quote Originally Posted by Dale64 View Post
    Now... can somebody please provide information about any financial institutions that are NOT anti-gun?
    Yes, PNC which, according to their web site, does business in 19 states and the District of Columbia. When my local branch put up a sign, I sent an email to the president of PNC. The Chief Operating Officer replied and apologized, saying the sign had been "put up by mistake and was now removed". When the President and Chief Operating Officer are ordering signs to be removed, I think it is safe to say PNC is not anti-gun.

Quote Originally Posted by rt48 View Post
    Yes, PNC which, according to their web site, does business in 19 states and the District of Columbia. When my local branch put up a sign, I sent an email to the president of PNC. The Chief Operating Officer replied and apologized, saying the sign had been "put up by mistake and was now removed". When the President and Chief Operating Officer are ordering signs to be removed, I think it is safe to say PNC is not anti-gun.
    I live in PA and have never seen a sign posted in PNC or anywhere else for that matter. I've been carrying in there for years. I wouldn't let "no guns" signs stop me anyway. There is a reason it's called concealed carry.
    "Those who would trade liberty for security, deserves neither liberty nor security."
    "The original point and click interface was a Smith & Wesson".

BOA will not open a new account for any gun shops or businesses,
    [

Jax federal credit union.
    I take my desert eagle 50ae in all the time, its my conceal carry weapon. They know i carry. They have no problem with it.

I see that my reply is less than timely, but as I to wish to remove funds from an organization which is openly hostile to the second amendment my search has led me to the Second Amendment Foundation website. There you will find an online pro 2a bank service. I am going to look into it further but there doesn't seem to be a lot of openly supportive banking institutions. I will say their savings account interest rate matches what I'm getting on my b of a money market acct. Good luck to us all.

SR40c is offline Done told her once...

I'm thinking that some banks sort of roll with the policies of the state, or even the city they are in. This seems to be the case with Wells Fargo anyway. The location I frequent has no criminal protection zone signs and I carry every time I walk in, concealed of course. Now, having said this, I can drive 30 minutes down the road to a much more dirt bag liberal infested city, walk up to the door of a Wells Fargo, and see a sign on the door saying contrary. I'm not a big fan of Wells Fargo, but at least they don't have a blanket policy like B of A.

I used to be a government-educated stooge. By the grace of God, I repent. -Robert Burris

Default Re: Need a Friendly Bank

Quote Originally Posted by SR40c View Post
    I'm thinking that some banks sort of roll with the policies of the state, or even the city they are in. This seems to be the case with Wells Fargo anyway. The location I frequent has no criminal protection zone signs and I carry every time I walk in, concealed of course. Now, having said this, I can drive 30 minutes down the road to a much more dirt bag liberal infested city, walk up to the door of a Wells Fargo, and see a sign on the door saying contrary. I'm not a big fan of Wells Fargo, but at least they don't have a blanket policy like B of A.
    Same here in Richmond, VA.....before Wachovia was taken over by Wells Fargo there was a "no firearms" sign at every branch. Those signs are now gone, at least here in Richmond.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123