Illinois Beware - Gov. Quinn threatens state wide assault weapons ban
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Illinois Beware - Gov. Quinn threatens state wide assault weapons ban

This is a discussion on Illinois Beware - Gov. Quinn threatens state wide assault weapons ban within the Businesses For Firearms & 2nd Amendment forums, part of the Main Category category; You'v eheard that right. In the aftermath of the Colorado shootings, Illinois Governor Quinn announced his desire/intention to impose a ...

Post Illinois Beware - Gov. Quinn threatens state wide assault weapons ban

You'v eheard that right. In the aftermath of the Colorado shootings, Illinois Governor Quinn announced his desire/intention to impose a state wide ban on 'assault weapons' because... get this... one of the Colorado victims was from Illinois.

How Governor Quinn makes a connection that by banning assault weapons in Illinois, that Illinopis citizens when traverlling to other states will be more protected I have no clue.

For those who may not be familiar, the "Brady Bill" of 2004 which contained a national assault weapons back was allowed to expire (sunset) when the government itself through FBI and Dept. of Justice statistial reporting determined that the assault weapons ban was INEFFECTIVE at reducing violent crime.

In the two recent shootings; law enforcement were aware and suspicious of the individuals BEFORE they went on their shooting rampages. The psychiatrist in Colorado notified campus police of her concerns of the student there (I won't type his name as he craves notoriety). But for a doctor to break with patient confidentiality and go to law enforcement, that is HUGE and law enforcement should have taken her concerns seriously.

In Illinois/Wisconsin, the neo-nazi thug has been on the governments watch list for a considerable amount of time. They look for a motive for his rampage... HELLO... Neo-Nazi?

Instead of creating ineffective laws that do nothing to prevent violent crime, Governor Quinn in Illinois should push to enforce those laws already on the books here. He should push the States Attoreny office to prosecute violent crimes with guns, instead of giving a hall pass to gang members who use guns to commit crimes.

I guiess Springfield has adopted the mayor of Chicago's attitude when it comes to enforcing gun laws in the streets when mayor Rahm Emmanuel in a press conference... speaking to the gangs... sternly told them...

'take your violence into the alleys and leave our children alone'.

Seems like Illinois needs to change their leadership. You can start by writing your state representatives and Governor Quinn and tell them that you oppose and proposal to impose a statewide assault weapons ban.

You can go to the following website, type in your zip code and from there you can write all your state or federal representatives and the president.

NRA-ILA | Write Your Reps

Keep it pointed downrange and God Bless America!

tattedupboy is offline Thank God I'm alive!

I just wish the antis would be honest and call this what is REALLY is, which is a ban on anything that looks scary.
    Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.

Benjamin Franklin

Like they say, firearms have only two enemies, Politicians and Rust.

Apparently most Illinois gun owners just except the fact that they have to roll over and let this happen. I posted this topic last week and got shut down from people saying who cares, its Illinois no one can do anything to fight it.

we all know those stories are deliberated to try to get americans to fear our gun rights and it doesn't surprise me at all hearing the gov of ill is proposing this bs knowing full well an armed public is a safer public ........perhaps their way of depopulation and disarming us before they round us up and shoot us like happened in so many other nations
    smmfh
    gun control is being able to hit your target

Nightmare45 is offline NRA LIFE MEMBER

I operate under the 2nd Amendment, which was written along with the other amendment to protect us from an oppressive government, as such, any attempt to take my weapon will be met with force of arms protecting my self from the oppressive government.

Quote Originally Posted by nightmare45 View Post
    i operate under the 2nd amendment, which was written along with the other amendment to protect us from an oppressive government, as such, any attempt to take my weapon will be met with force of arms protecting my self from the oppressive government.
    ^^^^^^^^^this^^^^******
    I'm just two steps shy of crossing over to the Dark Side!

SR40c is offline Done told her once...

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare45 View Post
    I operate under the 2nd Amendment, which was written along with the other amendment to protect us from an oppressive government, as such, any attempt to take my weapon will be met with force of arms protecting my self from the oppressive government.
    You are not alone, rest assured, you are not alone. (I swear, I need to move to Texas)

I used to be a government-educated stooge. By the grace of God, I repent. -Robert Burris

When you read or hear about this ridiculous crap coming from elected officials doesn't it make you think what the real agenda is? I think stuff like this makes just about ALL conspiracy theories valid. Even the whackiest is no more whacky then the reasoning of our anti gun elected officials!
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by CapGun View Post
    When you read or hear about this ridiculous crap coming from elected officials doesn't it make you think what the real agenda is? I think stuff like this makes just about ALL conspiracy theories valid. Even the whackiest is no more whacky then the reasoning or our anti gun elected officials!
    Cap, tried to respond to your PM but received a message that your inbox has exceeded quota. You can contact me at Personal.Protection@Verizon.net to arrange some range time.

BC
    Raid!!! Kills bugs dead.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast