Making my own list
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Making my own list

This is a discussion on Making my own list within the Businesses For Firearms & 2nd Amendment forums, part of the Main Category category; No gun buster signs: Wal Mart Meijer Target Garden Ridge (cincinnati) Michaels Lowe's Home Depot Half Price Books I live ...

Default Making my own list

No gun buster signs:

Wal Mart
    Meijer
    Target
    Garden Ridge (cincinnati)
    Michaels
    Lowe's
    Home Depot
    Half Price Books

I live in West Chester, OH. Most of these are in West Chester, but some are in neighboring communities, like the Garden Ridge and Half Price Books. Until I get my CCW I'm making a note of every establishment I enter.

Just make sure that the gun buster sign isn't posted at the entry of the property. That is what a lot of places are doing in northeast Ohio

Hm...guess I need to take another look. Don't recall seeing them on signposts anywhere in/around/front of parking lots, but haven't really looked, either.

DRNurse1 is offline DRNurse1

How does Ohio view your private vehicle? Is it private property (contents included) not subject to unlawful search? Something worth knowing before entering private property, even if posted as a gun free zone. Just m $0.02.
    ________

DRNurse1

here's a web site that is dedicated to listing business that are 2a friendly or not, you can register and add the places that you found, either that have posted signs or don't.....Friend or Foe - Pro and Anti Gun Business Database

I'm planning on speaking with a lawyer here soon, before I get my CCW. However, a girl I work with was told by security at the hospital that they would need a search warrant to look in her car.

Quote Originally Posted by reddragonrph View Post
    I'm planning on speaking with a lawyer here soon, before I get my CCW. However, a girl I work with was told by security at the hospital that they would need a search warrant to look in her car.
    If the girl is an employee and they cover the prohibition of weapons stored in a vehicle under their rules of conduct and/or work rules they may be correct. How that would effect her standing under the law is questionable and a lawyer would have to give you guidance regarding that aspect.
    I'd rather be a Conservative Nutjob. Than a Liberal with NO Nuts & NO Job

Quote Originally Posted by reddragonrph View Post
    Well first of all, let's be clear. I work for a security company and what some people don't realize is that security personnel have no more authority than a private citizen. They cannot detain people against their will for questioning and cannot arrest people unless they personally witness a crime. They are simply an agent of the property owner and have only the same authority as you do over your own property.

Security officers can't get search warrants. If a security officer wants to search your vehicle all you have to do is say no and leave the property. Now if the person refusing the search was an employee, it might cost them their job but there are no legal ramifications to refusing a search from a security officer. All of a security officers authority over you comes strictly from your consent. He cannot demand to see your ID or search your vehicle, but he can ask. The only thing a security officer can demand of you is that you leave the property.

Quote Originally Posted by mojoe1968 View Post
    here's a web site that is dedicated to listing business that are 2a friendly or not, you can register and add the places that you found, either that have posted signs or don't.....Friend or Foe - Pro and Anti Gun Business Database
    Thanks for this! I'll mosey on over, after I double check the ones I listed for signs at the property lines.

Nightmare45 is offline NRA LIFE MEMBER

Anyplace that bans guns also bans my money.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast