Support local businesses?

View Poll Results: How do you purchase, local or online?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • I will buy at the best price I can get it for.

2 11.76%
  • I am willing to pay an extra 0-10% to support my local store.

4 23.53%
  • I am willing to pay an extra 10-20% to support my local store.

2 11.76%
  • I am willing to pay an extra 20-30% to support my local store.

0 0%
  • I am willing to pay an extra 30-40% to support my local store.

0 0%
  • I am willing to pay an extra 40-50% to support my local store.

0 0%
  • I will always buy from a local store.

9 52.94%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Support local businesses?

This is a discussion on Support local businesses? within the Businesses For Firearms & 2nd Amendment forums, part of the Main Category category; How many of you choose to support your local business despite a price difference online? I am going to get ...

Firefighterchen is offline OC for Tactical Advantage

Default Support local businesses?

How many of you choose to support your local business despite a price difference online?

I am going to get the Viridian C5L-R, I can purchase one online for $165. One of my local stores has it for $225. Who would support the local gun shop and pay the extra $60?

On the one side I would have the C5L in my hand that day, instead of 5 business days. On the other side I would be supporting a local firearms business who has been always impressive to me.
    “One of the illusions of life is that the present hour is not the critical, decisive one.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson

Buying online you have to pay for shipping and have the gun shipped to an FFL. The FFL will charge for the paperwork also. So in the long run I have found that there is not much difference in the price. Besides the WAIT is terrible!!!

Firefighterchen is offline OC for Tactical Advantage

Haha yea the wait is what gets me...

What about item that are not firearms? Optics, lights, lasers (in my OP about the C5L, no FFL fee, shipping is free)
    “One of the illusions of life is that the present hour is not the critical, decisive one.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson

Default Support local businesses?

I don't mind buying online and waiting a few extra days for accessories. Most sites have good return policies if something isn't right. I also like mot being limited to just what i see in the store. That being said, I wouldn't buy a gun anywhere but in a store. There is something comforting about knowing exactly what you are getting. Some shops will even give you a bit of a deal if you have a good relationship with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefighterchen View Post
    How many of you choose to support your local business despite a price difference online?

I am going to get the Viridian C5L-R, I can purchase one online for $165. One of my local stores has it for $225. Who would support the local gun shop and pay the extra $60?

On the one side I would have the C5L in my hand that day, instead of 5 business days. On the other side I would be supporting a local firearms business who has been always impressive to me.
    Weapons I buy local. Between the FFL transfer and shipping it's usually only about 3-5% cheaper for me to buy online and to me, that's not worth the 5-10 day wait. And like 82 said, weapons are such an investment, I like to see exactly what I'm spending that much cash on.

Optics and accessories I buy online. Usually the price difference is more substantial than with weapons (more competing vendors online), no FFL fees, and you can usually find a vendor offering free shipping for your item. If you do your research well before making your purchase, the likelihood that you'll have to return something is slim. The only thing I've ever returned online (other than for warranty work) was a Blackhawk handcuff pouch that didn't fit either pair of handcuffs I owned.

tricolordad is offline Banned
    Blog Entries

I will always buy my firearms local. This way I can inspect the exact firearm that I will be taking home and know beforehand exactly what I am getting. I don't trust anonymous internet dealers. I have a friend who bought a used Wasr-10 online from an auction site. He is minus one eye and missing a chunk out of the ridge of his nose. It was a huge wake-up call...

I try to support my local store simply because to me it is good business. In the long run it pays off. During the ammo shortage I was able to purchase from them and not at inflated prices. They keep ammo for their loyal customers when it counted.

I am old school in that way, not just in my weapon/accessory purchases. I go to the same Mom & Pop hardware, the same gun shop, the same auto parts. They know me, I know them. Like it that way.

When speaking specifically about guns, I always buy local. Most times the gun store has prices well below the MSRP anyway, plus the lack of fees/shipping etc already mentioned. Here's a better question: Do you support SMALL BUSINESS by buying local. Shopping at a chain store that happens to be "local" isn't the same as going to "Bob's Guns" (where I shop in Norfolk, VA).

Not only gun stores but local mom n pop shops. Moores produce makes great sandwiches ;)
    If it doesn't fit, FORCE it! If it breaks then it needed to be replaced anyway.

gejoslin is offline Illegitimi non carborundu

Where I live the stores are just too small and inventory is almost nill. Have to drive 75-125 miles round trip just to look and see if they might have what I'm looking for. So unless I can get them to order what I want, I still have the wait time plus they'll jack the price up so they make a profit too. So unless the locals "Happen" to have want I want I have to order online.
    Just the way of life in a small town. (even the mice are stoop shouldered!)(you have to leave town to change your mind!) I'll be here all week! Tip your waitresses!
    ~Responsible people who understand that their personal protection is up to them, provide themselves with protection. Those that don't have only themselves to blame.~Proud NRA ~SAF~GoA Member~

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast