Sig 1911 C3
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sig 1911 C3

This is a discussion on Sig 1911 C3 within the Buy Sell Trade forums, part of the Main Category category; Hi new to the site........I have a new Sig C3 arriving soon maybe late this week. I know that holsters ...

Default Sig 1911 C3

Hi new to the site........I have a new Sig C3 arriving soon maybe late this week. I know that holsters have been an issue. Anybody give me any insight?

Out of all the gun types out there, the 1911 most definitely has the most amount of holsters designed for it. This is somethiong that only you can decide what best fits your method of carry.

Just when you think you have found the right one, you see another that looks like it may be better for you.

Unless your a settler, be prepared to find yourself on what may seem to be a never ending quest.

Welcome to the site.

KK

Thanks and appreciate the welcome. The C3 is a compact and from what I have read it IS holster specific. I was just curious as to if anybody owned one and could point one out to me.

Thanks again

My personal favorite is the Don Hume H721 O.T. ... they do not list a holster specific to the C3 ... any of the 1911 Commander length (4.25) will work.

Yes, I have quite a few 1911 holsters but when I go to the outdoor range I use my Yaqui holster to practice presentation with my Kimber Ultra, my Springfield 1911A1 and Para P14. The Springfield TRP operator with full rail, now that's a different story.

KK

The h721 is my favorite by far but another favorite is in the dillion catalog. Its the IHL belt slide. Easy to carry and draw from for me anyway. I've tried so many different holsters it isnt funny. Good thing is i always seem to find someone thats looking for a holster, so i sell them one but always buy somthing else. It a viscious cucle lol

W4DM is offline 9x19 enthusiast

for 1911s, only the barrel length is what makes it holster specific (unless it has a rail, then good luck!). like keykutter said, there are a lot of holsters out the 1911. most makers have and can accomodate barrel length options, although the 5" is the classic and (according to me) most popular holster size.

google 1911 holsters and a bunch will pop up to accommodate all budgets.

I think a lot of the sig 1911's have squared off slide profiles that are slightly different than the standard Colts. Sig also makes the 1911 "traditional" with the standard rounded top to the slide. I'm not sure where the C3 lands. I believe all of the internal parts are the same. I don't know how much of a difference the slide profile would make for leather holsters, but I bet for a plastic or kydex holster it might be a problem.

W4DM is offline 9x19 enthusiast

looked it up. gsim is right. i think your best bet would a pancake style holster and NOT something where the leather is boned. unless of course u find a holster maker that makes a c3 specific holster. or u can just buy a leather holster for the barrel length and slowly stretch it out to fit those square-ish corners. good luck

Default C3

I also have a Sig C3. Be careful ordering a holster. I ordered a holster for my carry gun which is a S&W 1911 ES. The holster will not fit the the C3 due to the slide being different on the the Sig 1911's.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast