WTS Second Chance body armor

Second Chance body armor

This is a discussion on Second Chance body armor within the Buy Sell Trade forums, part of the Main Category category; I have quite a few of these available, in all different sizes. They are not NIJ rated because they were ...

Default Second Chance body armor

I have quite a few of these available, in all different sizes.

They are not NIJ rated because they were built for German Special Forces, GSG9 rated SK1. NIJ Comparable rating is III. According to the lady I spoke to at Second Chance, it's rated to stop a .308 (no grain or distance info was provided). This vest does NOT contain Zylon or Dynema.

The carrier is identical to the Monarch 329, but the ballistic panel is a little better than than the standard 329. Why and how, they would not say.. Just better is all she said.

The vests were manufactured in late 2003 and have never been worn. They are NEW in the original bulk packaging (plastic bag) with the sizing sticker on them. Second Chance said that if they have been stored properly (which I was told they were in a storage closet, in a commercial building) that they will still be fine, but should be re-cert'd or the panels replaced within 4-5 years after the first date of actual use.

The buyer(s) will receive one complete vest, an additional identical carrier as well as a "deep cover" concealable carrier. You will also receive a shaped large stab proof soft armor overplate that velcros to the outside of the carier. I do not have trauma plates, but there is a spot for them on the vests.

This is a very concealable vest, it's thinner than my older IIA and doesn't flair out when you sit down (previous BPV owners know what I am talking about). I weighed the BAG of stuff that you get (2 carriers, 2 panels, stab plate and the T-shirt) and it weights just over 5lbs!! That's pretty darn light!

Vest looks like this:
    Monarch 329™ | Second Chance Armor, Inc.

The "deep cover" carrier looks like this:
    Deep Cover® | Second Chance Armor, Inc.

I have sizes from SM to XXXL. I am 5'-11" 230lbs and the XL fits me nicely. The XXL is a little big, and the XXXL is huge. Tall and lanky people (6'2"+ and skinny / semi skinny) will need a large.

If you order a vest, and it doesn't fit, I will gladly exchange it for a different size, you just pay the shipping. If it's a local meet-n-greet, I can bring multiple sizes to see which one fits better.

Felons are NOT permitted, by law, to purchase and/or be in possession of body armor.. And, of course, I make no warranty as to the actual stopping power of the vest, I am only going off of information gained from the MFG, Second Chance.

$450 each with discounts for multiple purchases.

Located in Olympia.

Last edited by dsolie; 10-14-2009 at 10:32 PM. Reason: updated info

Willing to do some trading for XD's..

Do you still have any of the Second Chance gear that you posted in Oct. of 2009? If so, please email me @ dre2go@att.net.

Sam

Quote Originally Posted by Sami Miami View Post
    Do you still have any of the Second Chance gear that you posted in Oct. of 2009? If so, please email me @ dre2go@att.net.

Sam
    I doubt you'll get an answer since it was made on 10-14-2009, 01:34 PM and the poster has only made these two post.
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

Quote Originally Posted by Sami Miami View Post

Sam
    I doubt you'll get an answer since it was made on 10-14-2009, 01:34 PM and the poster has only made these two post. Their last activity was on 11-11-2009 02:06 PM
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787