Calguns Foundation Publishes Carry License Application Guides/FAQs, Lawsuits Update
Calguns Foundation Publishes New Carry License Application Guides/FAQs, Compliance Initiative Lawsuits Update
San Carlos, CA (January 9, 2012) – As part of its ongoing Carry License Compliance and Sunshine Initiative, the Calguns Foundation has released new carry license applications guides, FAQs, an updated Model License to Carry ("LTC") policy for adoption by licensing authorities, and many other useful resources for applicants and licensees. These new and revised documents incorporate the renumbered and reorganized Penal Code, as well as Senate Bill 610.
* Resident (“civilian” 2-year) License to Carry Application Guide
* License to Carry Fees Quick Reference Guide
* SB 610 FAQs
* LTC Resources
* Penal Code §§ 26150 – 26225 (as modified by SB 610, in an easy to read format)
* CA DOJ Standard LTC Amendment Form
* Salute v. Pitchess decision (Lexis)
* CBS, Inc. v. Block decision (Lexis)
* Guillory v. Orange decision (Lexis)
* CGF Model License to Carry Policy
* Common Misconceptions & Unlawful Policies
Contained within these documents are answers to dozens of the most commonly-asked questions and concerns we’ve encountered while assisting applicants through the process of acquiring a license to carry a firearm for self-defense. For example:
* How did SB 610 change the application process?
* What can I expect from the post-SB 610 application process?
* Can a licensing authority “screen” prospective applicants or require an applicant to "pre-apply" before submitting an application?
* Can a licensing authority require you to be a resident of their city/county for a specific period of time before applying?
* Can a licensing authority require you to provide proof of ownership and/or registration of firearms listed on an application or amendment form?
The Calguns Foundation (“CGF”) (Calguns Foundation) is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization which serves its members and the general public by providing Second Amendment-related education, strategic litigation, and the defense of innocent California gun owners from improper or malicious prosecution. The Calguns Foundation seeks to inform government and advance the right of individuals to acquire, own, and lawfully use firearms in California.
CGF’s Carry License Sunshine and Compliance Initiative is a grassroots education and litigation campaign designed to: (A) procure and publish objective carry license-related records and other data (going to actual issuance/denial, contours of policies (both as-written and as-applied); (B) force licensing authorities to comply with state statutes, precedent, and the Constitution; (C) track and monitor local practices; (D) support applicants and licensees; and (E) develop and promulgate materials related to the above.