New member seeking CCW strategy - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes

New member seeking CCW strategy

This is a discussion on New member seeking CCW strategy within the California Discussion and Firearm News forums, part of the Firearms Discussion by State category; Originally Posted by geeareess Thanks for your advice. I feel welcomed already. In my case, Allied Moving and Storage is ...

Quote Originally Posted by geeareess View Post
    Thanks for your advice. I feel welcomed already.

In my case, Allied Moving and Storage is not an option. My wife is a faculty member at a local college, and a position in her field does not exist away from the major cities. We also have a disabled family member living independently in the local area, who cannot move, and who relies on my being nearby at least some of the time.

So here is the question. I spend about ten days per month traveling for work. If I split the other twenty days between my home in Los Gatos and a home somewhere up in the mountains, where I will establish my permanent legal residence and which will eventually be my retirement home, should anyone have a problem with that? Does anyone have experience with a similar situation? Thank you in advance for your responses.
    If you have an address that you own within a county and spend any time living there, as long as it's not a vacation home of like 2-4 weeks a year, you are considered a resident of that county. Timeshares normally do not count. But you can always tell the sheriff in the more rural county that you plan to hunt, hike, backpack, whatever when at your other home and would like to be armed as well. A conversation with the sheriff or his representative might go farther at getting an approval rather than just a blind application. He's much more likely to approve someone he knows.
    Edmund Burke: “The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.” – 1784 speech. Taken from Founding Fathers Notes. "The unarmed man is not just defenseless -- he is also contemptible." Machiavelli

That seems like reasonable and valuable advice. Thank you TekGreg.

Does anyone know which counties near Yosemite are most amenable to CCW?

I think your best bet is to contact the CalGuns Foundation. They may be able to provide you with the good cause statements etc. that you need.

I expect you're SOL for now though.

The Stanislaus county sheriff Adam Christianson said publicly that "the need to protect yourself and your family outside the home is good cause enough to issue a concealed weapons permit." And i am happy to report that he is standing true to his word. Sacramento, calaveras, and el dorado counties also have similar policies

Default CCW Premits

If you want to get your CCW don't apply in LA, ORG, or the surrounding areas. Most of the Northern Counties will issue the CCW in a heart beat. Counties like Butte, which covers, Chico, Yuba City and Oroville. They will issue you the CCW, NO PROBLEM.....They are nearly a "Shall Issue" county....Don't apply at Sac County either. Contact chicogunclub.org for more info. Hope this helps...

If you want to get your CCW don't apply in LA, ORG, or the surrounding areas. Most of the Northern Counties will issue the CCW in a heart beat. Counties like Butte, which covers, Chico, Yuba City and Oroville. They will issue you the CCW, NO PROBLEM.....They are nearly a "Shall Issue" county....Don't apply at Sac County either. Contact chicogunclub.org for more info. Hope this helps...

Default CA CCW's

If you want to get your CCW don't apply in LA, ORG, or the surrounding areas. Most of the Northern Counties will issue the CCW in a heart beat. Counties like Butte, which covers, Chico, Yuba City and Oroville. They will issue you the CCW, NO PROBLEM.....They are nearly a "Shall Issue" county....Don't apply in Sac County either. Contact chicogunclub.org for more info. Hope this helps...

Hey, new to USA Carry. Good to be here. Relatively new to CCW so I've been reading a lot on various topics.

I know this is an older post, but was wondering if geeareess solved his original problem? Did you get your permit? Where? Which county?

Stanislaus County, where I live full time, continues to be nearly a "shall-issue" county. Christianson HAS kept his word as indicated above and self defense is a valid reason to carry concealed for qualified citizenry.

Quote Originally Posted by aj's 40 cal View Post
    might just want to move to nevada or arizona, both close enough to go to cali.
    I moved to the mountains just south of Los Gatos, California (south SF bay area) from Florida in 2007. I quickly discovered that the only people the county sheriff would allow to proceed with the CCW process were folks who made considerable "contributions".

I moved to Las Vegas in 2010 and never looked back.

BTW: For "geeareess", my home was on Sunnyside Road in the Aldercroft Heights area behind the Lexington Reservoir.
    G'Day and G'lock

I live in Stanislaus County. The current sheriff, Adam Christiansen, definitely has a "shall issue" policy with "self defense" being enough good cause for him to issue. As one who regularly trains with a company that teaches the CCW class, I've found through my instructors that the wait just to get your appt to interview is currently more than a year out.

Calaveras County is another that is as close to "shall issue" as you can get. I don't know about Tuolumne or Mariposa Counties. Sheriff Pazin in Merced county rarely issues. Not sure about Madera or Fresno counties.

Best of luck.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12