Letter of Appeal of Revocation
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Letter of Appeal of Revocation

This is a discussion on Letter of Appeal of Revocation within the Concealed Carry Discussion forums, part of the Main Category category; I am looking for ideas for the wording in my appeal letter for re-reinstatement of my ccw privileges. Brief History: ...

Default Letter of Appeal of Revocation

I am looking for ideas for the wording in my appeal letter for re-reinstatement of my ccw privileges.

Brief History:

I am in an unfortunate spot; REVOCATION.

In the spring of 09’, at a music event, I was in the wrong place at the wrong time. (I knew I should have stayed home that night but the tickets were free and they were VIP.) I was not carrying at the time for obvious reasons.

I was arrested for disturbing the peace and assault. This was a horrifying experience.

A letter of revocation appeared in my mailbox 2 weeks later. I completely understood the precaution.

As of Jan. 2010 all charges are dismissed.

I am now ready to write a letter of appeal. The Sheriff would like the letter content to be what and why.

Although I'm optimistic, I 'm a little stuck and I have writers block. I may be thinking into this too much.

I would like to make it straight forward to the point and professional.

Here is what I have So far:

“Please accept this letter as official notice of appeal for my Logan County Sheriff's Office concealed weapons permit numbered 1234, which was revoked on June 1st 2009. The decision of revocation was based on my arrest for Assault and Disturbing the Peace at the Logan County Amphitheater. I am happy to report as of January 2010, the charges mentioned above have been dismissed.”

OK, that is the what, now I need the why I think I deserve it. This is where I need help.

How should I state the next paragraph?

Should I start it out with something like this?

[B]“At this time, I ask for your pardon and permission of re-reinstatement of my ccw permit numbered 1234”[/B]

Now what?

Should I mention my character standing? Why I feel I am a good candidate?

Like I said, I'm stuck on what to say and how. I need some inspiration.

I'm thinking I’m on the right track and I just need to spice it up with a good conclusion. I need the finesse. I need a kick ass professional paragraph.

I will be putting this on corporate style paper in a business format and notarized.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jake.

What state was your permit issued in, and are you a resident of that state?

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

Maybe you should give some reasons that you feel that you need to be armed. Do you have a job that puts you at a higher risk for attack? Do you have to travel into bad areas of town? Do you fear for your safety in general? Does your city have high crime rates? If you could answer yes to any one of these questions than you should elaborate in your appeal concerning your ''needs'' for concealed carry.

Maybe you should give some reasons that you feel that you need to be armed. Do you have a job that puts you at a higher risk for attack? Do you have to travel into bad areas of town? Do you fear for your safety in general? Does your city have high crime rates? If you could answer yes to any one of these questions than you should elaborate in your appeal concerning your ''needs'' for concealed carry.

I would not go into any reason as to why you feel the need to be armed unless you live in a may issue state. I would keep it short and simple. The more you talk the more rope you can hang yourself with. Another thing that I would look into is checking with your states grassroots organization, or a firearms attorney in your state.

I wish you the best of luck.

You need a lawywer to write the letter for you [and to be able to represent you in front of an appeal board/judge].

Sounds like you are in a "may issue" state and most of what you want to say will be used against you.

Case dismissed just means they could not find a witness or the cop who made the arrest was on traffic duty, not that you are not a hot headed rabble rousing music freak [what they can say].

Call a lawyer and find one who has represented cases for CCW licenses denials.
    The people think the Second Amendment protects their rights;
    Government sees an obstacle to be over-come.
    NRA Life since 1966

Determined further information was required for this reply
    Last edited by 2beararms; 01-07-2010 at 07:14 AM. Reason: Post removed pending more information, sorry

Quote Originally Posted by 2beararms View Post
    Determined further information was required for this reply
    It was a good one.
    Just like the restaurant business, location, location, location.
    The people think the Second Amendment protects their rights;
    Government sees an obstacle to be over-come.
    NRA Life since 1966

I live in Colorado. I was told it is discretionary. I'll check further.

I agree, I don't want to ramble on and I prefer not to ask for permission. I'm looking for the words to complete my letter in a firm yet suave tact.

Thanks for the advice.

I'll look into my local resources.

"Inasmuch as I have been cleared of all charges, I request reinstatement of my CCW permit as I meet all the criteria for concealed carry, according to statute....

Thank you for your time and consideration of this matter. Please feel free to contact me should you have any questions or need any additional information.

Cordially,

(name)"

-----------------

Short and sweet gets it done. I'd try this and if no results, get a lawyer.

My .02 cents

I think that will get the job done JJ, but it should be submitted in business form.
    Just my .03

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast