MSNBC poll on concealed carry
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

MSNBC poll on concealed carry

This is a discussion on MSNBC poll on concealed carry within the Concealed Carry Discussion forums, part of the Main Category category; Here is a poll on MSNBC... Newsvine - How safe do you feel knowing there are people around legally carrying ...

Default MSNBC poll on concealed carry

Here is a poll on MSNBC... Newsvine - How safe do you feel knowing there are people around legally carrying concealed guns?

Read the comments after you vote, Amazed that so many people are willing to be unable to defend themselves. One actually said:
    "I expect increased toddler deaths,mistaken intruders, domestic murders, workplace, racist & paranoid shootings & police in greater danger"

Along the same lines we heard before CC was passed here in TX Never mind the fact that the crime rate has dropped since it was passed..

I noticed the comment, "I feel very threatened by concealed firearms and will not patronize businesses that do not disallow them."

I don't know about where you guys live but in all 3 states I've lived in thus far, most if not all the employees working at my local gun store are always carrying... and open carrying at that. When's the last time anyone ever heard of a gun store being robbed during business hours?

This guy is basically saying that he will not patronize the businesses that allow a higher safety standard than just "there's a good chance you won't be harmed if you comply with the BG's demands". I'm not leaving my safety up to corporate policies that hope the BG does the right thing... He's a BG, he's not doing the right thing because he's in your store ROBBING IT!!!

NMHunter is offline NM Hunter

"I don't know about where you guys live but in all 3 states I've lived in thus far, most if not all the employees working at my local gun store are always carrying... and open carrying at that. When's the last time anyone ever heard of a gun store being robbed during business hours."

A shop in Fresno used to not carry, early mid -eighties. They still don't openly carry but after being robbed and one of the owners being shot in the back while he was face down on the floor, he survived, they now are within arms reach of a rifle, pistol or shotgun at all times.

G50AE is offline Banned

Quote Originally Posted by dkirkland View Post
    One (commentor) actually said:
    "I expect increased toddler deaths,mistaken intruders, domestic murders, workplace, racist & paranoid shootings & police in greater danger"

Along the same lines we heard before CC was passed here in TX Never mind the fact that the crime rate has dropped since it was passed..
    They said the same thing back in the early 1980's in Florida. Blood will run through the streets. People will shoot each other on the way to work. Florida will be renamed the Gunshine state. Ask Marion Hammer about all the dumb comments she had to hear while getting right-to-carry passed in Florida. Guess what, none of the idiot things that the anti-gunners said would happen came to fruition.

They said the same thing when SC was drafting a concealed carry law in 1995.
    They said the same thing when MO passed concealed carry a few years back.
    They keep saying the same thing in state after state, and it never happens. Did they miss the whole right-to-carry revolution? Have they been that asleep since 1986?

Do they think if they keep beating the same dead horse that it will break open and spill candy everywhere like a pinatta?

Some of my favorites quotes. Enjoy!

Although I don't believe all gun owners are "stumblebums", the very existence of guns means criminals will acquire them. They need to go.

I feel very threatened by concealed firearms and will not patronize businesses that do not disallow them

I really like this one!

The other dayI had someone stood next to me with a gun on my hip. I felt threatened all the time.

- daqman

After that one i gave up.

Bangba is offline "Informed $ Independent"

In this state the only places you can not carry are courthouses and the state house. I have a chalengefor those against consealed carry. For a week, look closely at everyone around you while your out and about. Count the number of citizens carring consealed. Then come back here and let us know.

80.8% feel VERY SAFE! And the pendulum slowly swings back to the right(s).

Quote Originally Posted by dkirkland View Post
    Here is a poll on MSNBC... Newsvine - How safe do you feel knowing there are people around legally carrying concealed guns?

Read the comments after you vote, Amazed that so many people are willing to be unable to defend themselves. One actually said:

We're doing quite well in the poll! There will always be a fair share of sheeple in our society. I prefer to be a Sheep Dog!

80.9%
    Very safe: If a crime is committed or a threat of violence made, they’ve got the means to respond.
    62,292 votes
    15.9%
    In danger: These people could be trigger-happy yahoos or stumblebums whose weapon might go off by accident.
    12,252 votes
    3.2%
    Not sure: How would we know? Wouldn’t it depend on the state laws involved and circumstances?
    2,483 votes

I think this is encouraging results.. The gov't feels (My opinion) that most citizens are scared of other people with guns, and responds accordingly... But these results indicate that 80% are fine with it..
    Even though they are a small number, it's the Not Sure's that always worry me.. They can't even decide if they like to have a person with a gun standing next to them.. Talk about undecided!!!

Interesting phrasing in the question..
    IF you are going to have the negative answer framed in the way it is, shouldn't the positive answer have been something more like:
    "They are self controlled, methodical thinkers, skilled with weapons having full authority over their firearms."

Gulf Coast, Floriduh
    Sccy is the limit

Interesting phrasing in the question..
    IF you are going to have the negative answer framed in the way it is, shouldn't the positive answer have been something more like:
    "They are self controlled, methodical thinkers, skilled with weapons having full authority over their firearms."

Present results
    80.9%
    Very safe: If a crime is committed or a threat of violence made, they’ve got the means to respond.
    62,292 votes

15.9%
    In danger: These people could be trigger-happy yahoos or stumblebums whose weapon might go off by accident.
    12,252 votes

3.2%
    Not sure: How would we know? Wouldn’t it depend on the state laws involved and circumstances?
    2,483 votes

I think this is encouraging results.. The gov't feels (My opinion) that most citizens are scared of other people with guns, and responds accordingly... But these results indicate that 80% are fine with it..
    Even though they are a small number, it's the Not Sure's that always worry me.. They can't even decide if they like to have a person with a gun standing next to them.. Talk about undecided!!!

Gulf Coast, Floriduh
    Sccy is the limit

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast