How many can you carry?
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

How many can you carry?

This is a discussion on How many can you carry? within the Concealed Carry Discussion forums, part of the Main Category category; Hi all I have never seen any where how many guns/weapons you can carry at one time?? With of a ...

Default How many can you carry?

Hi all I have never seen any where how many guns/weapons you can carry at one time??
    With of a legal CCW I'm guessing there is no limit?? I live in Florida and I have looked up all the regulation and rules and have seen no mention of it any where?
    I mean its not like I'm going to carry 10 guns but can you carry a back along with your regular rig things like that..
    Thanks
    Clayton

NMHunter is offline NM Hunter

Years ago John Bianchi had a poster that showed him with 21 guns, I think, wearing a tuxedo.
    My personal best is 14 including a 7-1/2" Freedom Arms Model 83 and an 8-3/8" S&W 629, while wearing casual shirt and shorts. The only one seen was the 44 special on my belt.

I have wondered the same question because I have in the past carried two. a waist and an ankle.

Default How Many guns is too many?

I am not an attorney and this is not construed to give anyone legal advice or training. I am a state licensed firearms instructor and I am licensed to teach the law concerning firearms in Florida. This is how I know it.

Read your Florida CWOF (not CWP or CCWP) license title. The title states "Weapon" or "Firearm" in singular, not plural. Thus, the law (as defined on your license) now only allows you to carry one or the other, not both or more than one of either.

This not prevent you from carrying one gun legally in the car and one on your body if licensed as a Florida CWOFL holder, but an argument could be made against you for carrying a weapon (knife or other) AND a gun on you if a cop has arresting issues with you and exercised his leverage.

It was recently changed from a "permit" to a "license" to make it revocable or suspended under state law at anytime just like your Drivers license. It is no longer a "permit"-ed right you purchase, but a "licensed" privilege you are granted by the state. This change helped it to conform to many other states thus allowing reciprocity to expand.

Something that slipped by the legal eagles watching out for our rights while they were fighting to keep the license fund from being raided.

I would welcome other opinions on this subject, especially from state "K" licensed instructors.

TG
    Jim Stephens, LPI, LEFI
    Trusted Armament - 561 282-0777
    Firearms, Training, and Services for Personal Protection

Just FYI...in NC, teh concealed carry permit is specifically a permit to carry firearms. You may carry multiple firearms, but the permit does NOT extend the right to carry any other type of concealed weapon, (knife, etc)

bill

When I was looking at Florida licensure yesterday... I thought I saw something about a limit to one firearm on the person.

Yes, for a CWOFL civilian or off duty cop. I personally carry two guns as permitted by my "G" license under my "C" license. I only need my CWOFL for my knife or buying guns anymore to avoid the wait. Well not really, because I'm also and FFL dealer.
    Jim Stephens, LPI, LEFI

Some states limit the number to one. Texas does not. I usuall carry two.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Section 790.06 (1), Florida Statutes, defines concealed weapons or firearms as those carried in a manner that conceals them from the ordinary sight of another person. This includes:

handguns
    electronic weapons or devices
    tear gas guns
    knives
    billies

Default ok, now what?

Quote Originally Posted by clay5769 View Post
    Section 790.06 (1), Florida Statutes, defines concealed weapons or firearms as those carried in a manner that conceals them from the ordinary sight of another person. This includes:

handguns
    electronic weapons or devices
    tear gas guns
    knives
    billies
    Yes it does, but I don't understand where you are going with that...the statute only defines the items that fall under it, not how many you can carry.
    Jim Stephens, LPI, LEFI

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast