Vir.non res permit

Vir.non res permit

This is a discussion on Vir.non res permit within the Concealed Carry Discussion forums, part of the Main Category category; I have a Virgina non-resident permit. Does Tenn. & Penn. honor this permit?...

Default Vir.non res permit

I have a Virgina non-resident permit. Does Tenn. & Penn. honor this permit?

Quote Originally Posted by KEMICE View Post
    I have a Virgina non-resident permit. Does Tenn. & Penn. honor this permit?
    Yes to both states. If you go to the resourcesí tab above you'll find a reciprocity map. Simply click on the state where you have a permit and follow the steps and it'll show you what states you are good in but, keep in mind states change their reciprocity laws so keep in touch with that map at least each time you go to a state where you think you have carry rights. I have a Florida as well as the Virginia and Florida has lost and gained a couple of states since I had it so, be very careful and stay up to date with the map.

at the top of the page you will see "home, resources, community, search ,support usa carry, and site info and help" Click on "Home" on the left side of the page you will see 2 maps. the top one is "ccw recip map" click on it and it will let you select your resident state first, then your non resident licences, and it will tell you what states honor you licences

Quote Originally Posted by thedub88 View Post
    at the top of the page you will see "home, resources, community, search ,support usa carry, and site info and help" Click on "Home" on the left side of the page you will see 2 maps. the top one is "ccw recip map" click on it and it will let you select your resident state first, then your non resident licences, and it will tell you what states honor you licences
    the dub88 I have a question that Iíve never noticed because I always went to: States That Honor My Permit(s) tab and it gives me about 29 states that I can carry but, if I go to the Permits Honored by State tab I get none. This is using Florida. When I go to Permits Honored by State it doesnít give me a choice of res or non res. Donít understand explain please. Is my non res Florida permit good in other states or not.

No, what you do for the "permits honored by state" is, Say you are traveling to pensilvania. You click pensivania and it will tell you what permits are honored. You have a non res for florida, and its blue on the map (yellow states non res not honored) so you can carry in penn. with your non res for florida. Does that make sence?

Quote Originally Posted by thedub88 View Post
    No, what you do for the "permits honored by state" is, Say you are traveling to pensilvania. You click pensivania and it will tell you what permits are honored. You have a non res for florida, and its blue on the map (yellow states non res not honored) so you can carry in penn. with your non res for florida. Does that make sence?

I had an Edith Bunker moment. Thanks for clearing it up for me.