PA. Non Res LTCF

PA. Non Res LTCF

This is a discussion on PA. Non Res LTCF within the Concealed Carry Discussion forums, part of the Main Category category; I sometime ago started a thread about getting a non res ccw in PA. Now I find out that someone ...

Default PA. Non Res LTCF

I sometime ago started a thread about getting a non res ccw in PA. Now I find out that someone from New Jersey got one. How is this possible? If you read the PA State Police on whose eligible it clearly states that you must have a CCW from your home state if it offers it. Here in New Jerkistan it is offered but, impossible to get one. So technically it is offered but reality is our right is denied. Does PA take that into consideration? How did this person get one I don't know him or I would ask. I am trying to get a contact but, in the mean while could someone straighten this out for me. Can I get one being from New Jersey? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by njsportsman View Post
    I sometime ago started a thread about getting a non res ccw in PA. Now I find out that someone from New Jersey got one. How is this possible? If you read the PA State Police on whose eligible it clearly states that you must have a CCW from your home state if it offers it. Here in New Jerkistan it is offered but, impossible to get one. So technically it is offered but reality is our right is denied. Does PA take that into consideration? How did this person get one I don't know him or I would ask. I am trying to get a contact but, in the mean while could someone straighten this out for me. Can I get one being from New Jersey? Thanks

Your thinking is correct. A person must have a license from his home state if offered in order to obtain a PA non-resident license.

Since New Jersey technically does issue concealed permits / licenses, you must have one to get a non-res LTCF in PA.

But, as you pointed out, you have the same chance of getting a NJ permit as you do surviving a 20,000 free fall drop with no parachute. So you are SOL unless you: 1) move out of that backward state, 2) perform sexual favors for the governor in return for a permit.

I'd highly suggest #1. :)

My brother still lives in NJ and has the same problem.

I told him to get the FL license and he did. Now as soon as he crosses the river he can carry.
    Ordered the application online and received it in three days.
    Form/Publication Request 790 - Division of Licensing, FDACS

Then in one morning he got fingerprinted, passport photo, and had the application notarized.
    Stopped at the Post Office and got a money order and sent it off.
    (Used the hunter safety certificate for the training requirement.)

In 46 days he had his FL license. He's now good in PA and a LOT of other states.

Quote Originally Posted by rayven View Post
    2) perform sexual favors for the governor in return for a permit.
    That might have worked 4 governors ago.