Concealed Carry in Banks. - Page 6
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Like Tree3Likes

Concealed Carry in Banks.

This is a discussion on Concealed Carry in Banks. within the Concealed Carry Discussion forums, part of the Main Category category; Originally Posted by JimPage True, concealed means concealed. But that doesn't necessarily make it legal. NY state says you can't ...

Quote Originally Posted by JimPage View Post
    True, concealed means concealed. But that doesn't necessarily make it legal.

NY state says you can't carry in a bank. My friend was in a bank as it was held up. A cop was there cashing a check and stopped the holdup. But my friend and everyone else in the bank was patted down (firisked). His only comment was, "Thank God I wasn't carrying that day."
    Mea Culpa: I was wrong. I was told by the issuing agent's clerk that carrying in a bank was illegal in NY state, but I asked an expert lawyer who told me that it is not illegal. So I must correct my mistatement. It is legal to carry concealed in a bank in NY state.

I live in Kansas, my bank of choice...my Credit Union, has a sign posted for no guns plus you have to go into an air lock that will lock you in until you've gone through metal detectors, then the other side of the air lock will open. So, unless I just have to go into the bank, I use the drive through. Too many stick ups I guess...!!!

Default common sense

I think in all cases that common sense is the rule here. If your weapon is concealed and you don't call attention to it, no one else will. If you don't feel comfortable with carrying, don't carry it. I'm a disabled veteran and I carry mine everywhere that doesn't have metal detectors.

Default Carry in bank

I live in Nevada, where we have the open carry law. I carry open most of the time but I also carry concealed. I have A Taurus model 85 that is really small. I have started to carry it instead of my Glock 21. It is a big difference in size and fire power. That said since I have done both no-one has said anything either way. I have also carried in a bar since I go for the food not the drink. No problem their also.

NC law says no Financial Institutions.
    Turn Adversity Into Advantage NC Hunter Safety Instructor
    NC Conceal Carry Instructor

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456