Concealed Carry in Banks.
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Concealed Carry in Banks.

This is a discussion on Concealed Carry in Banks. within the Concealed Carry Discussion forums, part of the Main Category category; Bank carry is an issue that I cannot find an easy answer to especially with so many "banks" really open ...

Default Concealed Carry in Banks.

Bank carry is an issue that I cannot find an easy answer to especially with so many "banks" really open air market place banking institutions where it is legal to carry in the grocery store. One person that works at a check cashing place states that banks are FDIC institutions and thus are Federal buildings off limit to concealed carry. That doesn't sound right since I am sure the Feds don't pay the workers. Are there any references to actual statutes both Federal and State that give guidance on these issues?

Quote Originally Posted by Alaska444 View Post
    Bank carry is an issue that I cannot find an easy answer to especially with so many "banks" really open air market place banking institutions where it is legal to carry in the grocery store. One person that works at a check cashing place states that banks are FDIC institutions and thus are Federal buildings off limit to concealed carry. That doesn't sound right since I am sure the Feds don't pay the workers. Are there any references to actual statutes both Federal and State that give guidance on these issues?
    I go to the bank armed and have yet to have an issue. I do however make sure it's concealed well to reduce the potential of frightening the horses.

They are insured by the FDIC not owned or run by the FDIC. Consult local and state laws for the area in which you reside. The other option is to direct the question to the bank that you frequent. Perhaps via a website.

Peace...
    You can give peace a chance alright..

I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

Absolutely legal in Florida..
    They are NOT federal buildings..
    IF you don't need a gun at a bank where you might be handling large sums of money, then where do you need it??

Gulf Coast, Floriduh
    Sccy is the limit

I also carry in the bank (and any other place where I don't have to pass through a meteal detector )..I believe like 6Shooter said, there is no federal law, but you might be limited by state or local law, depending on where you are at.

O.K. in Texas.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Quote Originally Posted by 6shootercarry View Post
    I go to the bank armed and have yet to have an issue. I do however make sure it's concealed well to reduce the potential of frightening the horses.

They are insured by the FDIC not owned or run by the FDIC. Consult local and state laws for the area in which you reside. The other option is to direct the question to the bank that you frequent. Perhaps via a website.

Peace...
    Ditto: check state and local laws.

If there is nothing in the state and local laws prohibiting concealed carry in a bank, I personally would not ask the bank -- I prefer to deal with the issue IF it comes up (and assuming that your gun is concealed properly, it shouldn't even come up!).

OK in Wyoming and Colorado, as long as the specific bank has not posted a sign prohibiting weapons.

ok in Tennessee as long as they're not posted. The only state law I've ever heard of regarding carry in banks is in Michigan that you have to open carry if you carry into a bank.

Same in SC! I carry in my bank all the time. Being FDIC insured doesn't make a bank Federal property although Hussein would like to make all banks Fed property. Unless a state has a restriction on bank carry you should be good to go. State law and proper signage are the only disqualifying factors to bank carry...
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

Nebraska prohibits concealed carry in "Financial Institutions." Financial institution means a bank, savings bank, building and loan association, savings and loan association, or credit union, whether chartered by the United States, the department, or a foreign state agency; any other similar organization which is covered by federal deposit insurance; or a trust company.

Retail banks located in grocery stores are fuzzy. If it's OK to carry in the store and I walk up to the "bank" counter (assuming there is no physical wall separating the "bank" from the grocery store) have I broken the law?

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast