Concealed Carry Liability Insurance
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Concealed Carry Liability Insurance

This is a discussion on Concealed Carry Liability Insurance within the Concealed Carry Discussion forums, part of the Main Category category; I'm new to this site. Plan on taking CHL class soon. I read an advertisement for liability insurance for people ...

Default Concealed Carry Liability Insurance

I'm new to this site. Plan on taking CHL class soon.

I read an advertisement for liability insurance for people who carry concealed. Their selling point was "if you have to use your weapon in self defense, even if you are in the right; there's a chance that you could get sued and you will need a lawyer and that could cost thousands".

I've asked every gun owner I know and no one has it. I've researched it online and really can't find any information on it. Seems like a good idea. Comments?

wolfhunter Guest

First, welcome to the site.

This topic has come up before. Yes, if you use your weapon in self defense, there is a chance that you will have to go to court. Insurance is a good idea. Even if you don't opt for insurance, find a good gun-friendly lawyer and make his acquaintance. Find out if they will represent you if needed. Once you have located such a lawyer, put them on speed dial so their number is easy to find.

Yep I agree with wolf

Is this available as an endorsement on your homeowners' policy, or is it a stand alone policy? I am in the insurance industry and I have not heard of stand alone options.

Neal

just had this very discussion with my agent a few weeks ago... at least for me (Farmers) I am covered up to $300,000 on my homeowners, but he suggested if I was concerned, to get a $1mil rider on my homeowners policy. I forget the quote I got, but the price was reasonable.

DOn't know much about it, but the NRA has an insurance company they recommend. NRA Endorsed Insurance Program Self Defense Liability Coverage Hope this helps. You can read more about it and make the decision for yourself.

BEWARE!! Insurance companies are good at getting their forms out, are good at collecting their monies, but are not exactly "efficient" when it comes to gving out the money. With something as difficult as CC, self defense, and the need to have used your firearm, there are many loopholes for insurance companies to crawl into and wear you down, which is probably what they will do. Try and find out how "good" these outfits are in really being proactive and providing the support and coverage that you "think" you are paying for.

Amrote, thanks for the link. Kelcarry, you couldn't have said it better.

theicemanmpls is offline Banned

This thread should drive home the point, and remind everyone again that; Using deadly force is serious.

You can lose everything you own. In addtion to losing your freedom.

Do you see the language in the policies offered?

"Criminal Defense Reimbursement for alleged criminal actions involving self-defense when you are acquitted of such criminal charges or the charges are dropped."

Think of your libility next time you decide to strap on your Taurus PT1911 in your uncle mikes sidekick holster, and open carry in the local Walmart. Or,,,,,,

" Criminal Defense Reimbursement for alleged criminal actions involving self-defense when you are acquitted of such criminal charges or the charges are dropped."

If you committed a crime they are not going to cover you. If you follow the laws provided for personal defense in you state you should be ok. Seek out a local lawyer that deals with self defense laws to answer any questions you might have. The money will be worth the piece of mind knowing that you understand your local laws.

You can also check out Armed Citizen's Legal Defense Network, LLC. I don't hink this is an insurance policy, more like a network of lawyers and professionals to help you after the fact in a dealy force encounter.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast