best thin profile CC - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

best thin profile CC

This is a discussion on best thin profile CC within the Concealed Carry Discussion forums, part of the Main Category category; Originally Posted by erock33 All good information and many thanks for the input. I carry the xd sub or tried ...

Quote Originally Posted by erock33 View Post
    All good information and many thanks for the input. I carry the xd sub or tried in the crossbreed supertuck and while that is a decent holster it just does not fit me comfortably at all and I have to carry it so low (below my belt line) just to conceal it well, which completely negates any benefit for a quick draw if needed.
    I find this difficult to believe. I carry an XD40 SC in a CrossBreed SuperTuck and have no problem concealing it whatsoever. You don't describe your build in any of your posts so that could be the problem. I know a couple heavy guys that have a hard time buying shirts that aren't tight around their waist that can't carry much of anything without it printing.

Anyway, if it helps, my CBST is set at full forward cant and I typically wear it at about the 4:00 - 4:30 position (I'm right-handed). It tucks away nicely when wearing anything but a tight T-shirt. I can draw and fire in just over a second when wearing an un-tucked shirt and using my left hand to lift my shirt.

Do you have a good belt? Does your CBST have the combat cut?

Also if your not a large frame guy the supertuck isn't going to hide a full size firearm as well as it does on someone like me.

If your really a small guy maybe you can get away with a LCP if you can stand the 380 auto caliber?

I know i would want something with more oomph but you would be better off with a LCP you can conceal well than being paranoid about printing all day.

But to answer the original question i would have to say get a 1911 if you can afford it, they are thin and are in the calibers you want.

Quote Originally Posted by 901-Memphis View Post
    Also if your not a large frame guy the supertuck isn't going to hide a full size firearm ....
    Not sure that I agree. I wouldn't consider myself a "large frame" guy - 5' 10", 175, fairly athletic build (for a 45 year-old) 31" waist, 40" chest.

As I said earlier, I have no problem concealing my XD40 SC in my CBST.

Quote Originally Posted by Mudinyeri View Post
    Not sure that I agree. I wouldn't consider myself a "large frame" guy - 5' 10", 175, fairly athletic build (for a 45 year-old) 31" waist, 40" chest.

As I said earlier, I have no problem concealing my XD40 SC in my CBST.

Well i say it all comes down to what you wear shirt wise

I'm considering a keltec p11 atm. It's 9mm and fairly small.
    For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan .When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours - Stephen Roberts

handgonnetoter Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Military Man View Post
    Taurus 9mm PT 709.
    Thats what I carry, wearing t shirt and jeans.
    Me too. I love the pistol. It is totally reliable and easily hidden.

KAHR CW9 is my recent choice and I think a good one for size, price and overall ju ju's
    Glock Armorer, Remington 870 Armorer
    UTAH: 1 Florida:1 NH:1 Nevada:0 California:1 PA:1

Default Best Thin Profile CC - Rhorbaugh R9s 9mm

1911/45 owners may not agree, but If you have the cash, consider a Rhorbaugh 9mm (Model R9s). This is a superb semi- with a thickness of 7/8th of an Inch. Hold 6 plus one in chamber. They have a retail price of $1000+, but they can be found for $850-$950.

I dont like anything but to CC my 1911. Subcompact and the 4" are the best to CC IWB and most comfortable. Not to mention they are mostly in 45 acp. I wouldnt carry my XDm as its just to bulky. Maybe OWB or OC but not CC. Just my .02
    NRA Certified Instructor
    US Army Retired
    Prior Federal Police Officer Instructor

i like 1911's for CC. since they are single stack they are pretty thin. I have a springfield ultra compact which makes it even smaller to conceal. And you cant go wrong with a .45 for when it really counts

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast