NC state of emergency -- 2nd Amendment BANNED - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

NC state of emergency -- 2nd Amendment BANNED

This is a discussion on NC state of emergency -- 2nd Amendment BANNED within the Concealed Carry Discussion forums, part of the Main Category category; NC has a bunch of backward prejudiced rednecks making our laws! Do you know that we have to get a ...

NC has a bunch of backward prejudiced rednecks making our laws! Do you know that we have to get a pistol permit from our sheriffs office before we are allowed to buy a crossbow! I was denied a concealed carry permit for drinking beer! Ive never had a DWI in my life! But the state of NC says that I am a Alcoholic, and in the state of NC Alcoholics are not allowed to have a CCW permit no matter how law abiding they are. I thought it was O.K. to drink beer at Home after a hard day of work.

Quote Originally Posted by TooCalm View Post
    NC has a bunch of backward prejudiced rednecks making our laws! Do you know that we have to get a pistol permit from our sheriffs office before we are allowed to buy a crossbow! I was denied a concealed carry permit for drinking beer! Ive never had a DWI in my life! But the state of NC says that I am a Alcoholic, and in the state of NC Alcoholics are not allowed to have a CCW permit no matter how law abiding they are. I thought it was O.K. to drink beer at Home after a hard day of work.
    and exactly how did they come to know you drink beer. i saw no such question on my application.

were you ever admitted to a hospital for alcohol poisoing in your youth? I just dont see how they would just randomly lable you as an alcoholic without something coming back on your background checks/ mental health checks.

Aichandkay is offline "keine kompromisse!"

Something doesn't sound right. I drink beer and even alcohol at home. Didn't affect my CHP. Do you have any drunk & disorderly, open container ticket, or anything similar in your record? Maybe been to drug and alcohol rehabilitation treatment? Unless you voluntarily told them you were an alcoholic they have no way to know without some arrest or treatment record. UNLESS one of the people you put as a reference told them you were an alkie!

There is the option of a virginia non-resident CHP which is just as valid in NC with the exception that you can't use it in the place of a PPP when you buy a pistol.

I was denied a concealed carry permit for drinking beer! Ive never had a DWI in my life! But the state of NC says that I am a Alcoholic, and in the state of NC Alcoholics are not allowed to have a CCW permit no matter how law abiding they are. I thought it was O.K. to drink beer at Home after a hard day of work.
    Could you provide some documentation for that? The only prohibition regarding alcohol that I can find is that you must not have been convicted of driving while impaired within the past 3 years.

Or is there more to the story that you haven't shared?

I was depressed over a woman and I made the mistake of talking to a Therapist. They ask if I drank alcohol or used drugs. I told them I drank beer at home after work. Once your name is in the files of any mental health providers system you are screwed! My advice to anyone is to Never trust a mental health worker. What ever you tell them is Not Private! It will be documented and someday used against you.

that sucks sorry to here that.

mullet is offline Banned

Default much more

I was depressed over a woman and I made the mistake of talking to a Therapist. They ask if I drank alcohol or used drugs. I told them I drank beer at home after work. Once your name is in the files of any mental health providers system you are screwed! My advice to anyone is to Never trust a mental health worker. What ever you tell them is Not Private! It will be documented and someday used against you.
    me thinks there is much more to this story. last time i checked, consumption of beer is legal.

Actually, according to the Governor's Chief Council, this particular Executive Order (EO-62) was invoked under Chapter 166-A of the North Carolina Emergency Management Act, which DOES NOT automatically invoke 14-288.7 (which restricts the right to transport firearms off of your property), not 36A Chapter 14 (which does invoke 14-288.7), which is an outright lie. EO-62 states

“I delegate to Reuben F. Young, Secretary of Crime Control and Public Safety, or his designee, all power and authority granted to me and required of me by Article 1 of Chapter 166A of the General Statutes and Article 36A of Chapter 14 of the General Statutes for the purpose of implementing the State’s Emergency Operations Plan and to take such further action as is necessary to promote and secure the safety and protection of the populace in North Carolina.” [Emphasis added]

Perdue needs to be voted out as soon as possible. The only reason she is in office is due to the many people that voted straight Dem tickets in 08 and has been a disaster for our state as far back as when she was Lt Gov.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12