Semi-Auto or Revolver for Concealed Carry? - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Semi-Auto or Revolver for Concealed Carry?

This is a discussion on Semi-Auto or Revolver for Concealed Carry? within the Concealed Carry Discussion forums, part of the Main Category category; I carry a Glock 22 in a shoulder holster most of the time. What ever you carry and how you ...

G50AE is offline Banned

I carry a Glock 22 in a shoulder holster most of the time. What ever you carry and how you holster it, get some practice.

thanks everyone for your comments, its well apreciated.

G50AE is offline Banned

Quote Originally Posted by mikestunner View Post
    thanks everyone for your comments, its well apreciated.
    You're welcome.

I carry a semi auto, Smith and Wesson M&P .40 I honestly think it works better for CC, but its all up to what you feel more comfortable carrying. If you choose to do a revolver, do your homework, find out which ones are easier to conceal, and find out what fits best for you.
    If need be, Id highly recommend the M&P version. Its small, powerful and reliable.
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier....One died for your soul; the other for your freedom.

would you guys trade a s&w sw 40ve for a bersa 380 for cc?

I second that no. The Sigma 40ve has excellent stopping power.
    The only way I would consider it would be if the S&W were "difficult" for you to cc.
    I have no issues CCing a 40ve but on my wife it looks like she's concealed carrying a shotgun.
    Maybe as a "special use" cc weapon. Like for instance while wearing a suit in the office where you want absolute concealment.

I have to third the no but only because I am a firm believer in NOT getting rid of a gun but just getting another, wife hates that. I could see in trading in or up if you have a weapon you just don't like and will never use.
    "The purpose of war is not to die for your country. The purpose of war is to ensure that the other guy dies for his country." - General Patton

This is strictly my opinion, and has worked in many years of firearms training, and for men and ladies alike. Buy a handgun just like you would buy a pair of shoes. If Ol' Joe over here says he likes Charlie China tennis shoes, and you're looking for a new pair of shoes, do you run out and buy Joe's pick, just because HE likes 'em? Probably not. If a new shooter is asking what to buy for a carry gun, it doesn't matter what works for me, or anyone else. I suggest telling that new shooter to go to many gun shops, and/or gun shows, and handle all the guns they can get hold of. Just like they would try on shoes. Before long they'll be able to make a list of guns that feel ok, pretty good, real good, and "that really feels great in my hands". The last two are the ones to pursue, and here's why I say that....
    If a given handgun doesn't feel "right" in your hands, you'll not shoot it enough to become proficient with it, because it's not comfortable, and you won't like shooting it. Just like you rarely wear shoes that are UNcomfortable. If you're not gonna become proficient with it, save your money, and buy a ball bat to carry. With proper fundamentals, he/she can learn to shoot almost any handgun, or any caliber. Very few folks can re-train their hands to make just any handgun feel comfortable. The last suggestion.........proper shooting techinques, practiced slowly, but proficiently, will breed speed. Do it slowly, and do it the right way, every time.......If you practice speed first, and introduce less efficient techniques into your training, you'll have to do it all over again to get it right.

By the way..... anyone who introduces a new shooter to our pastime by having them start with a large-caliber handgun, makes a very poor decision. Yes, some folks do ok starting out with large calibers, but the vast majority will not continue to shoot if their very 1st experience is with .50 S&W. Start with a .22 caliber something, and as your technique/accuracy improves, work up from there.

Again, just my ramblings.... but they work for me...

Shoot Safely....
    Only when our arms are sufficient, without doubt, can we be certain, without doubt, that they will never be employed....... John F. Kennedy
    Life Member NRA Life Member Marine Corps League

im stuck on the sp101 as a ccw because i can just load it and when the time comes if in fact it does just shoot. Will hollow points in a 357 have less recoil than full metal jackets or it doesnt make a difference and also whats the big difference in recoil between the 2 1/4 barrel and the 3 1/16 barrel......thanks

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast