Screwed in Texas??? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Screwed in Texas???

This is a discussion on Screwed in Texas??? within the Concealed Carry Discussion forums, part of the Main Category category; Rather than being judgmental and "holier than thou", what does the Texas statute say? Government Code 411.173: (b) The governor ...

Rather than being judgmental and "holier than thou", what does the Texas statute say?

Government Code 411.173:
    (b) The governor shall negotiate an agreement with any other state that provides for the issuance of a license to carry a concealed handgun under which a license issued by the other state is recognized in this state or shall issue a proclamation that a license issued by the other state is recognized in this state if the attorney general of the State of Texas determines that a background check of each applicant for a license issued by that state is initiated by state or local authorities or an agent of the state or local authorities before the license is issued. For purposes of this subsection, "background check" means a search of the National Crime Information Center database and the Interstate Identification Index maintained by the Federal Bureau of Investigation.

(c) The attorney general of the State of Texas shall annually:

(1) submit a report to the governor, lieutenant governor, and speaker of the house of representatives listing the states the attorney general has determined qualify for recognition under Subsection (b); and

(2) review the statutes of states that the attorney general has determined do not qualify for recognition under Subsection (b) to determine the changes to their statutes that are necessary to qualify for recognition under that subsection.

(d) The attorney general of the State of Texas shall submit the report required by Subsection (c)(1) not later than January 1 of each calendar year.
    GOVERNMENT CODE**CHAPTER 411. DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC SAFETY OF THE STATE OF TEXAS

I don't see anything in that statute that says a license from another state that honors the 2nd Amendment to the US Constitution more than Texas does is invalid because a Texas resident holds that license. Further evidence of this is here:

http://www.handgunlaw.us/documents/USReciprocity.pdf

Get yourself a Florida or Utah license until Texas actually recognizes the US Constitution.

Flame away...

G50AE is offline Banned

Unhappy Out of Napalm

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLT View Post
    Flame away...
    I hate to disapoint you NavyLT but I am fresh out of napalm today.

Quote Originally Posted by slinginLEAD View Post
    yeah, you guys pegged me! one time hunting from a vehicle,- Class A, and 1 bad check from my bank account, class B- (thank you computer system for sending my direct deposit into someone elses account, taking nearly a month to straighten out..) boy I guess I really am a CAREER criminal... I guess you guys on here have never had anything go wrong? Glad you aren't the ones deciding whether or not I can purchase a firearm... Just think about how ridiculious it would be if you had a bad check because of a banking error, and it cost you an arrest, should you loose your privlege to carry? I don't think so. But you are entitled to your opinion.
    You didn't ask if we thought it was right or not.

To get and keep your ccw, you have to quit breaking the law.
    Ed
    "The tree of Liberty needs to be watered from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Thomas Jefferson 3rd president of US (1743 - 1826)

Do as Lt says, apply for florida.
    Ed
    "The tree of Liberty needs to be watered from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Thomas Jefferson 3rd president of US (1743 - 1826)

i would look into the fact that texas will honor another states while ur resident of texas... i know if your a resident or work in Indiana, you must have there license to carry then... just my 2 cents
    "Loyalty to the country always. Loyalty to the government when it deserves it."
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." (Winston Churchill).

Thanks for the friendly advice to those who posted some. I thought after the 1st 3 or 4 posts I was mistakenly on a Liberal anti-gun website. Anyway, I will look into the Flordia permit, as per I do have one active duty air force officer friend that has a Flordia permit, and is now getting a Texas one as well.
    For those that didn't read my 1st post correctly- I have served my 5 years without for the hunting from a vehicle incident (which by the way, happens a lot down here in Texas- not that its right- I'm just saying....) It is the class B arrest which is screwing me. I would hardly consider myself a criminal.

How about we let you have a gun but don't let you ever drive or hunt or have a checking account again?

Default ....haha...

i might be okay without the checking account- since the banks direct deposit foobar is what burned me on the hot check thing... I already can carry legally in my vehicle in Texas thanks to our Castle Doctine signed into law by Gov. Perry in 2007, just don't have a permit to keep it on my person..

Quote Originally Posted by slinginLEAD View Post
    i might be okay without the checking account- since the banks direct deposit foobar is what burned me on the hot check thing... I already can carry legally in my vehicle in Texas thanks to our Castle Doctine signed into law by Gov. Perry in 2007, just don't have a permit to keep it on my person..
    My point was your problems involved irresponsibility with a checking account, a vehicle and hunting. They did not involve irresponsibility with a self-defense firearm.

For example, I think it is inappropriate to deny a tax felon a permit for a self-defense weapon. A denial of a right to own weapon for self defense should be more closely related to matters involving ownership of a weapon.

G50AE is offline Banned

Quote Originally Posted by nogods View Post
    For example, I think it is inappropriate to deny a tax felon a permit for a self-defense weapon. A denial of a right to own weapon for self defense should be more closely related to matters involving ownership of a weapon.
    I also think that it is inappropriate for a veteran who was dishonorably discharged for violating the "Don't ask, don't tell" policy to be denied a carry permit.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast