Screwed in Texas??? - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Screwed in Texas???

This is a discussion on Screwed in Texas??? within the Concealed Carry Discussion forums, part of the Main Category category; According to the 2nd Amendment it's pretty much inappropriate for the government to deny anybody that they feel is safe ...

According to the 2nd Amendment it's pretty much inappropriate for the government to deny anybody that they feel is safe enough to walk the streets in public to be denied the ability to carry a firearm.

JSDinTexas Guest

The word 'Texas' always gets my attention, and while I am reluctant to weigh in on this, I will.

My impression is that Slingin is not taking care of business: namely, how does a bank computer glitch turn into a hot check charge? I don't know the facts here, but I would have done anything needed to not have let that happen - a lawyer comes to mind here.

Also, knowing there are no refunds for the class or application, I would have, and did, carefully check my stuff before I applied.

A CHL is serious business, not cowboy town at Six Flags Park.

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLT View Post
    According to the 2nd Amendment it's pretty much inappropriate for the government to deny anybody that they feel is safe enough to walk the streets in public to be denied the ability to carry a firearm.
    Well...according to some people's interpretation of the Second.

A majority of the justices on the SCOTUS have held otherwise.

And until Marbury v. Madison is overturned, the SCOTUS will remain the authority on the meaning of the Second.

Perhaps someday they'll adopt the interpretation you posit.

Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post
    I also think that it is inappropriate for a veteran who was dishonorably discharged for violating the "Don't ask, don't tell" policy to be denied a carry permit.
    Meanwhile... back at the ranch!
    "It's not magic--- It's Practice, Aim, Control"- the Lone Ranger. 1964

Wal*Mart is Hurting America

Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post
    I also think that it is inappropriate for a veteran who was dishonorably discharged for violating the "Don't ask, don't tell" policy to be denied a carry permit.
    Gays usually get General Discharges for violating DADT. The only way to get a Dishonorable is to be convicted of a felony grade offense at a general court martial. If that happens, you're likely to be doing time in federal pen for a while. Getting a Texas CHL is the least of your worries.

You might look at the Arizona CCW; the study course and the range test are not difficult. I'm not an expert on the legal requirements (past records) though. It is reciprical with Texas.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123