CC Permit
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

CC Permit

This is a discussion on CC Permit within the Concealed Carry Discussion forums, part of the Main Category category; Just curious...how long did it take to actually 'get' your CC permit after all the information was turned in to ...

Post CC Permit

Just curious...how long did it take to actually 'get' your CC permit after all the information was turned in to your local Sheriff's dept (or wherever you had to turn it in)? I live in NC and they stated it can take up to 90 days....what actually takes this long if you have no criminal background? Again, I am a newby so please excuse me if there is another thread related to this subject already.

Mine in Ohio was 10 or 12 working days.............but I think that was because of Thanksgiving. In Ohio they have 45 days to complete the process.

Happy CC!

tattedupboy is offline Thank God I'm alive!

Here in Indiana, the process is as simple as going to the police station and bringing the fee with you in the form of a money order, as well as postage stamps, cash for the notary, and identification. While there, you get fingerprinted and fill out the form, and that's all. When I did this for my 4-year permit in 2004, I got my permit in the mail later that month. When I applied for the lifetime LTC in 2008, it took a little longer, about a month and a half.
    Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.

Benjamin Franklin

Maybe 10 minutes.
    While many claim to support the right, precious few support the practice.

Default How long did it take to get my cc permit?

Quote Originally Posted by swidener View Post
    Just curious...how long did it take to actually 'get' your CC permit after all the information was turned in to your local Sheriff's dept (or wherever you had to turn it in)? I live in NC and they stated it can take up to 90 days....what actually takes this long if you have no criminal background? Again, I am a newby so please excuse me if there is another thread related to this subject already.
    I believe it was 6-8 weeks, which was faster than what I was told to expect (up to 12 weeks?). This was in Michigan in the Fall of 2009.

At the time that I applied (to the local county sheriff's department), I was told that there were so many applications that the current staff could not keep up--at all levels of government (county, state of Michigan, and FBI for criminal background check)--therefore wait times to receive the permits was taking up to 12 weeks for my county.

G50AE is offline Banned

If you live in a shall-issue state, basically it all depends on how efficient your state's issuing authority can process the application. Some states are more backlogged than others. South Carolina was running realy slow for a while, but apears to have gotten through their backlog.

39 days in Lincoln County, NC.
    “Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny” Thomas Jefferson

Resident SC 110 Days, Fla NON RES 93 days BUT this was while the BIG RUSH was on. Both States have improved to about 30 days from what I've been reading here.
    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." --author and philosopher Ayn Rand (1905-1982)

Two weeks to the day for mine (July 2009) and my wife's (November 2010) in St. Charles County (outside St.Louis), MO.

S&W645 is offline NRA Life Member

Two weeks. With the permit printed 1 week after it was sent in.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast