Homicides by CCW holders
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Homicides by CCW holders

This is a discussion on Homicides by CCW holders within the Concealed Carry Discussion forums, part of the Main Category category; In a Fox news report Park Ridge Illinois State Senator (D) say 11 police officers and over 200 others have ...

Default Homicides by CCW holders

In a Fox news report Park Ridge Illinois State Senator (D) say 11 police officers and over 200 others have been murdered by holders of CCW's. Has anybody else seen such statistics or did he pull them out of Brady's A$$?

The democrate/exstreamist are spewing more lies.
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it."Frederic Bastia

Default Where?

Quote Originally Posted by Socom23 View Post
    In a Fox news report Park Ridge Illinois State Senator (D) say 11 police officers and over 200 others have been murdered by holders of CCW's. Has anybody else seen such statistics or did he pull them out of Brady's A$$?
    That may be true but it's a very small number of the total. The quote is "in the last few years." Could he be a little more vague? And it certainly wasn't in Illinois because they don't have concealed carry.

According to reported crime statistics, Illinois alone had almost 3900 murders in the last 5 reported years (2005-2009). 211 is only 5% of ILLINOIS' total in five years. I'll take my chances with the CCW guys, thanks very much.

"Figures don't lie but liars figure." Samuel Clemens
    Alan, TN

Sounds like more Democrat scare tactics.

cmhbob is offline Sig fault.

And in other news, all the perps in those cases held driver licenses, too. What's his point?
    Bob Mueller
    Blog | Facebook | Flickr

Default Illinois nonsense

Quote Originally Posted by decotriumph View Post
    That may be true but it's a very small number of the total. The quote is "in the last few years." Could he be a little more vague? And it certainly wasn't in Illinois because they don't have concealed carry.

According to reported crime statistics, Illinois alone had almost 3900 murders in the last 5 reported years (2005-2009). 211 is only 5% of ILLINOIS' total in five years. I'll take my chances with the CCW guys, thanks very much.

"Figures don't lie but liars figure." Samuel Clemens
    And I bet he has ZERO facts to backup his statement. I know Illinois is fighting the right-to-carry issue now, that's why he is spewing nonsense.

Now wait a minute, this statement was made by a democrat. We all know democrats care so much for our well being. Why would anyone question what he said. Facts are not important. What is important is how warm and fuzzy progressive liberal democrats feel. Now if a republican made this statement you would be right on target.
    "You can get a lot accomplished if you don't care who gets the credit" - Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by Socom23 View Post
    These stats came from the Violence Policy Center in DC. Steve Chapman has a piece on it. You can find it on Townhall.com. He stats that a lot of these happened in the home where you don't need a CCW. Claims that on a previous 2yr study they only found 5 that a CCW could have contributed to. One of them was for strangling someone, a gun wasn't even used. I know of one of the 5, a ccw holder settled for manslaughter against an ambitious DA due to the fears of a greater sentence and the cost. Knowing of the circumstances his only mistake after being blocked in by the enraged and larger assailant was to get out of his vehicle with the pistol in hand. If he had let the encroaching opponent break his window or try to pull him out he wouldn't have faced charges. I suspect there are a number of similar situations out there. Yes, there has been some CCW holders murder people, but the # who didn't murder someone or who prevented a murder far out weights the few.

unclewayne17 is offline unclewayne

Which would he rather have with him if a guy came up to him and demanded all his money, a dumb ass with a phone or the CCW guy with a gun? I'll take the CCW guy, mainly me.

If our entire society behaved like those of us who are licensed to carry concealed weapons, most LEOs, prosecutors, judges, corrections officers, probation officers, and parole officers would have to find other work.
    James M. "Jim" Mullins, Jr., Esq.
    Attorney, The Law Offices of James M. Mullins, Jr., PLLC
    Founder and Past President, West Virginia Citizens Defense League, Inc.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast