North Carolina Concealed carry laws

North Carolina Concealed carry laws

This is a discussion on North Carolina Concealed carry laws within the Concealed Carry Discussion forums, part of the Main Category category; I have a Virginia Concealed carry permit & I am going to take a trip into North Carolina to look ...

Default North Carolina Concealed carry laws

I have a Virginia Concealed carry permit & I am going to take a trip into North Carolina to look at a motorcycle. This being the case I was hoping that someone could point me in the right direction as to the laws there.

I found some stuff on the NC law like you can't carry in a financial institution or places where posted, I'm sure, like in Va. you can't drink & carry but can you go to a restaurant that sells alcohol (even if you don't drink)

Also, what are the requirements to advise law enforcement in case of a traffic stop or checkpoint? Is it mandatory by law?

I appreciate any guidance, just want OK be ok.
    My gun is like an adult diaper, I wear it daily & no one has to know, until the day "crap happens"

1) Cannot carry in any establishment that serves alcohol for consumption on the premises.

2) Required to notify LEO during a traffic stop/checkpoint