Why Do You Carry Concealed? - Page 51
Page 51 of 104 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101 ... LastLast
Like Tree466Likes

Why Do You Carry Concealed?

This is a discussion on Why Do You Carry Concealed? within the Concealed Carry Discussion forums, part of the Main Category category; Originally Posted by blinddog So, in other words, LEOs are under no obligation to protect a person from another person ...

Quote Originally Posted by blinddog View Post
    So, in other words, LEOs are under no obligation to protect a person from another person even if there was a direct threat from that individual. AND they are not responsible for their actions or inactions in most cases. Am I reading this right?
    I changed your "or" to "and", yes you are reading that correctly. I guess I kind of clouded your previous opinion of what LEO are all about?

Quote Originally Posted by blinddog View Post
    That is outrageous my friend! What are these people being paid for. And what about most police forces saying "To Protect and Serve"? Unreal!
    The main job of LEO are to provide suspected criminals with enough evidence against them to obtain a conviction to prosecuting attorneys. It's all about obtaining convictions; not due to providing public safety, however....it is due to providing job security to the prosecutors and to the politicians those prosecutors work for.

The MAJORITY of LEO's, I feel, absolutely do feel a PERSONAL duty to serve and protect. Unfortunately, that is not their job description prescribed to them by their politically motivated bosses in most cases.
    Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman. Amerika: a place where the serfs are afraid of the action the police may take against them for perfectly legal behavior.

Like most have already said I carry concealed for the protection of myself and my wife and whomever is with us at the time if there ever is a time and I hope there is never one. That being said I believe in being prepared for any eventuality or a many as can be managed. In any of those my family comes first.

Tactical advantage. Open carry makes you the first target. Mostly because my friend, retired Marine sniper and current firearms and sniper trainer for Kansas State Troopers, tells me that concealed is the best. :)

Firefighterchen is offline OC for Tactical Advantage

Quote Originally Posted by Mando J:323455
    Tactical advantage. Open carry makes you the first target.
    Myself and tens of thousands of open carriers most be horrible at open carrying because we have not been chosen first. We need to start working on that, so all these lies about open carry can be true finally. No wonder there is a huge push for gun control...how can they trust a bunch of liars...
    “One of the illusions of life is that the present hour is not the critical, decisive one.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson

Default Why?

Because I want to and i can.

Self-Defense and to Deter

Quote Originally Posted by glxedwards View Post
    I agree with above, I carry for the same reason I have fire extinguishers on my boat and in my home. I dont expect a fire, I dont want a fire, but if it happens I wish to be prepared.

I concealed carry because open carry is illegal in NY.
    Not in the NY where I live. I open carry daily.

Blog Entries

I was robbed, gave up my cash when I was shown the gun in the douche's waistband. Hopefully it will never happen again, but if it does, I'll be ready to defend myself in case I'm not so lucky and someone has a gun in my face with a finger on the trigger.

Police are minutes away when seconds count. Living in a city where gangs exist and wannabees are looking for targets for street creds, they're not using me!!!

I carry because it is my right but also because the country is changing. It is not changing for the better and most assuredly the rate of decline will accelerate. I live on a farm in a very rural state and have always felt safe but that is changing. We have only two deputy sheriffs on duty on a shift. They must cover 500 square miles and obviously can not provide real protection. Individuals are responsible for their own security since it could take a long time for the law to arrive. LEO 's are under no obligation to provide anyone with security; and in this location it is impossible.

Page 51 of 104 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101 ... LastLast