XDM 4.5 or compact?

XDM 4.5 or compact?

This is a discussion on XDM 4.5 or compact? within the Concealed Carry Discussion forums, part of the Main Category category; Just applied for my Montana CCW. I'm getting an Xdm in a 40 but not sure what size. I've shot ...

Default XDM 4.5 or compact?

Just applied for my Montana CCW.
    I'm getting an Xdm in a 40 but not sure what size. I've shot the full sized 9 and loved it!
    I understand the concept that a bigger pistol is easier to shoot, but what about to carry?
    The barrel length is only .7 of an inch difference and then the full sized grip...
    How could I conceal the full sized pistol? How much easier would the compact be to conceal?

I carry a full size glock 17 with no problem just get yourself a nice iwb holster I use a Minotaur

I carry a compact G30, and it is wonderful, I carry it in a uncle mikes IWB, or when I do OWB, I use a blackhawk serpa

Default Csm

I want an xd 45 sub compact! Too bad they ain't makin them

Quote Originally Posted by RockinAJ View Post
    Just applied for my Montana CCW.
    I'm getting an Xdm in a 40 but not sure what size. I've shot the full sized 9 and loved it!
    I understand the concept that a bigger pistol is easier to shoot, but what about to carry?
    The barrel length is only .7 of an inch difference and then the full sized grip...
    How could I conceal the full sized pistol? How much easier would the compact be to conceal?
    I find that on the XDm the barrel length isn't the problem when trying to conceal it....the problem is with the grip length being it holds 16 in the magazine which is great for capacity...but it always seems a little long to conceal (it prints)...open carry...no problem...I just have others that I find more comfortable to carry and that's what it is about...that being said you will have a hard time finding a better shooter...and the price is great...so it might be worth trying to "dress" around it.

the problem is not your XDM printing. That is you not using the proper holster, get a crossbreed holster
    and your problem is gone.

Those crossbreeds are nice

G50AE is offline Banned

Quote Originally Posted by glockcarry View Post
    I carry a full size glock 17 with no problem just get yourself a nice iwb holster I use a Minotaur
    I carry the Glock 22 which is the same size, except it's chambered for 40S&W instead of 9mm.

the problem is not your XDM printing. That is you not using the proper holster, get a crossbreed holster
    and your problem is gone.
    Or it might be that the XDm grip length is 3/4 of an inch longer...than most other 40 cal's

Ringo is online now Politically Incorrect

Go for the 4.5 and get a good holster. You'll never regret it.
    Tolerance Is A Virtue For A Man With No Convictions...Only Dead Fish Go With The Flow.