Re: College Campus Carry - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree5Likes

Re: College Campus Carry

This is a discussion on Re: College Campus Carry within the Concealed Carry Discussion forums, part of the Main Category category; Originally Posted by vanphillips BTW - just so you know - I'm also in favor of requiring training and proof ...

Quote Originally Posted by vanphillips View Post
    BTW - just so you know - I'm also in favor of requiring training and proof of ability to obtain a Concealed Carry Permit. Lacking that and a picture on your permit is why 13 states who honor Kentucky's CC Permits - do not honor ones from Indiana. Look carefully at the map Luke has provided on USA Carry!
    And who gets to decide who is "adequately" trained and who isn't? Who gets to determine what the "reasonable" fee for such training is? Who gets to decide who is "elite" enough to be able to defend themselves with a gun and who isn't? Of course you can point to the blood running in the streets in states like ID, WY, MT, NV, AZ, NM, WA, SD, KY, VA, NC, CO and VT (and I missed a couple) where no training is required to carry a gun in public, right? Oh, wait...you can't. Because not requiring training in those states has not made anyone at any more danger than in states such as NY, MA, IL, CA, TX, or OK... hmmmm. Seems like this whole "you must be required to be trained to carry a gun" is just another academic and political feel good measure that has no measureable benefit to it.

Yes, training is beneficial. Yes people should be able to get training - voluntarily. But to limit their ability to defend themselves based upon a government instituted standard of proficiency is simply not included in the 2nd Amendment that I read and believe in.
    Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman. Amerika: a place where the serfs are afraid of the action the police may take against them for perfectly legal behavior.

Quote Originally Posted by maybejim View Post
    I've always said it should be taught in our schools, with age appropriate classes starting in Kindergarten and again every couple of years ending up in High School including shooting instruction.
    Amen, brother!!!
    War to the Knife, Knife to the hilt.
    If we don't want to live in a trashy area, we all have to be willing to help pick up the trash.

Quote Originally Posted by maybejim View Post
    I've always said it should be taught in our schools, with age appropriate classes starting in Kindergarten and again every couple of years ending up in High School including shooting instruction.
    I agree with it being taught in the schools and I have also been lamblasted fro suggesting such a thing that some feel that there is no way that the public schools could possibly do anything but teach the anti side of guns. No matter we aren't going to see it taucht in schools but I see no harm in teaching people proper gun safety whether blood runs in the streets or not. It is just like the VP asking the head the safety department at a company that I used to work at, "Can you prove to me that the $1,000,000's of dollars we have spent on safety has saved one life or prevented one accident?".

The other day I got really depressed whwn I started counting up the number of friends, relatives and aquaintances that I had that were killed or wounded by guns. I don't know if training or a permit would have saved a single one of them but I doubt that it would have resulted in more. I sropped at around a dozen as it was too depressing.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12