CCW Incident (Input Please) Continued... - Page 14
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314
Like Tree54Likes

CCW Incident (Input Please) Continued...

This is a discussion on CCW Incident (Input Please) Continued... within the Concealed Carry Discussion forums, part of the Main Category category; How was he threatening you? If he said he was going to ''kill'' you then drawing would be your next ...

RJ_Whitlock is offline M&P 9mm

How was he threatening you? If he said he was going to ''kill'' you then drawing would be your next course of action. I would have told my friend to get on the phone with 911 right then and there. I'm sure if they would've called first and the police arrived on the scene things might have went better.

I always carry my permit as it's the law where I live. I don't know why you didn't have your CCP on you I don't think anybody on here leaves the house with out theirs. I keep mine in my wallet and never leave the house with out it as it has my Driver's license in it which I also need with me at all times when I carry.

In conclusion, I would've called the cops told them what was going on and that I have a permit to carry and if he kept coming or grabbed a weapon I would've told him not to move til the police arrive. If he kept coming I would've pulled the trigger and asked the gas station attendant if what happened was on tape so it could be used as evidence and told my friends to stick around as witnesses.

I'm 21, some people may think I'm dumb or a ''thug'' but my safety is a number 1 priority. Like others have said I'd rather be in debt or in jail then dead. Also, I have no experience in hand to hand combat or karate like the OP states. If he really has all this training why would you have pulled your pistol? Sounds like your lazy in wanting to deliver a good as whooping or you wanted to show off for somebody.

Where do you live that the cops are that bent? A convicted felon wins out in words when he has a history of this? You must be saying the wrong thing.
    Sic vis pacem, para bellum

Firefighterchen is offline OC for Tactical Advantage

Quote Originally Posted by BC1:245100
    Chen, the chimp in oversized sneakers was me. Did you know that? I won't bore posters with the story behind it but it was funny. Thanks for defending me from myself though. Now as far as stupid? Darwinism is alive and well at the range. As far as Rambo? Just look at some of the posts on this site alone. Tell me you don't read some absolutely crazy stuff. This behavior extends to the range.

So now an instructor can't joke around about the wackos off the range without someone pulling political correctness out of the crapper. Just about the ONLY person who CAN make such jokes are the instructors and range officers that put themselves in harm's way so shooters can learn and be licensed. Your argument is like watching a healthy person make handicapped jokes. You gotta be handicapped
    to understand.

Look at my posts. I don't belittle anyone. Always respectful posts. Never presume to understand a man's nature or anything about him. And don't play with matches ;-)
    Sorry took me so long to reply, been really busy, and have had only a few short instances that I needed to update some other posts on here. I don't subscribe to insulting, even if it includes yourself. Darwinism is not about stupidity. Rambos, i see a lot of them on chatboards, specifically one in green. Out on the range? No not really, I just see amateur gun owners that need a good lesson or two.

I feel there is no room in this world for that negativity, especially coming from the group that has decided to be politely armed. How many students does your classes usually have compared to instructors? Everytime a student does something dangerous in your class, he is putting everyone in danger, not just you and the other instructors.

Your analogy of my argument, is that like a black person calling another black person a n***er? I would have to be black to understand? Or maybe, I don't have to be black to know it's not right.

I believe your remarks (even if at first when I did not know that they were an autobiography) was belittling, and I feel you don't deserve that from anyone. I agree your posts are very respectful, unlike another person on this thread. The message you are portraying is one of disrespect though.

An instructor can joke, can laugh, can have a good time. I do not believe an instructor should be insulting. There is a distinction. I can not presume anything about your character other than the words you have chosen to represent yourself with.

Quote Originally Posted by billwot:245302
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefighterchen View Post
    The higher courts have stated in Heller and McDonald that it is an individuals right and choice to carry a firearm.
    Not to be nitpicky, but Heller affirmed that it is an individual right to possess a firearm. The SCOTUS stopped short of affirming the right to carry.

And McDonald affirmed that the 2nd amendment applies at the state level, as well as the Federal level. Again, it did not address the right to carry.
    Thank you for the legal check. I will have to do more research and understanding. My question is, possess? Is to possess the same as to own? Or can you own an object without having possession of it? NYC is infringing on the 2A in my mind. But I will do more research on how bad the SCOTUS has screwed up the bill of rights and get back to you.

To bill and BC. Listen to your enemy, for he will point out your faults. You guys are not my enemy, but it will be guys like you that make me a more knowledgable person.

To Agent Green. It's time to grow up. Do you know where I live and what my local laws are? Do you know if I have or do not have a castle doctrine? Do you know if I live in a city or rural setting? Can you see past the bright screen a few feet in front of you? Can you learn something from BC and Bill, or at least stop posting nonsense.

Firefighterchen is offline OC for Tactical Advantage

Quote Originally Posted by RJ_Whitlock:245895
    Where do you live that the cops are that bent? A convicted felon wins out in words when he has a history of this? You must be saying the wrong thing.
    I dont think they knew of the aggressors criminal history until the court date, or at earliest a later date than the incident. That is something the OP can chime in on.

RJ_Whitlock is offline M&P 9mm

Quote Originally Posted by Firefighterchen View Post
    I dont think they knew of the aggressors criminal history until the court date, or at earliest a later date than the incident. That is something the OP can chime in on.
    They should of, I know around here they always run your info to make sure you don't have any warrants that's just procedure. His rap sheet should have came up on their vehicle computer.

This thread sounds like a bunch of BS OP is Troll!
    Sic vis pacem, para bellum

alas ----------------------------------

i think we are beating a dead dog on this one
    you were not physical attacked
    you should not kill people who
    are rude to you that is not nice
    that is called murder - deadly force
    is only justified in inanimate danger
    not because one is scared, you had out
    but did not act on them - i thunk you
    lucked out that this gentleman did not sue
    you if he was armed and you puled your gun first