safe or sorry

safe or sorry

This is a discussion on safe or sorry within the Concealed Carry Discussion forums, part of the Main Category category; Hello. I was wondering if anyone has used the safe or sorry online course and how it turned out? Thanks...

Default safe or sorry

Hello. I was wondering if anyone has used the safe or sorry online course and how it turned out? Thanks

I have not, and it turned out just fine. No ill effects from not taking the course at all.
    Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman. Amerika: a place where the serfs are afraid of the action the police may take against them for perfectly legal behavior.

cgiven1 is offline DAV-Patriot

You're from Maryland right? If your thinking about getting a carry permit or even buying a new handgun, the state has a free on-line course that satisfies the requirements for training.

Check it out at: MD Firearms Safety Training
    Last edited by cgiven1; 02-27-2012 at 11:17 AM. Reason: Typo all thumbs today
    Charlie Given
    Life Member NRA, GOA, TSRA
    Platinum Plus USCCA

I am. I already have a few. I was looking at a non resident for some other states. won't they require more than the one I did for md?

cgiven1 is offline DAV-Patriot

I'm not sure how many will accept an on-line training course as valid. You would have to check out the state that you were interested in getting. The two best states, with the highest reciprocity numbers are Utah and Florida. For Utah you would have to take a course from a Utah certified trainer. The list of out of state trainers can be found at: http://publicsafety.utah.gov/bci/doc...te02152012.doc. For Florida the regs state the following: 3. Completion of any firearms safety or training course or class available to the general public offered by a law enforcement, junior college, college, or private or public institution or organization or firearms training school, utilizing instructors certified by the National Rifle Association, Criminal Justice Standards and Training Commission, or the Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services; from Statutes & Constitution :View Statutes : Online Sunshine. Not sure if the on-line qualifies although offered by the state police there are no instructors so you may want to contact the State of Florida to see if this training is valid. The mailing address is:

Division of Licensing
    Post Office Box 6687
    Tallahassee, Florida 32314-6687

Hope this helps.
    Charlie Given
    Life Member NRA, GOA, TSRA
    Platinum Plus USCCA