Illinois Carry
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Illinois Carry

This is a discussion on Illinois Carry within the Concealed Carry Discussion forums, part of the Main Category category; Living in Illinois the only way I can carry is to have an unloaded firearm in a zippered case. This ...

Default Illinois Carry

Living in Illinois the only way I can carry is to have an unloaded firearm in a zippered case. This has led us to the "fanny pack loop hole" or "Illinois Carry". I have a Elite Survival Systems, Discreet Security Pack that I carry a Glock 26 in. I was curious what and how other Illinoisans are carrying.

I dont live in illinois but work there. The "5th" amendment is a wonderful thing while I'm in Illinois lol

I was arrested once in chicago for having a loaded .38 in my vehicle. The case was thrown out, but it is still on file. I was pulled over in chicago and the officer asked for my dl and insurance. He came back to the car and asked me if there was anything in my car he should know about. I told him No there was nothing in my car that he should know about. He then asked me if I still play with guns. I said yes I do still own guns. He asked me to search my car and I said dont you have to have a warrant for that and he said no he does not. So I told him that he could search it and also told him that my firearm was in my car in a closed case with no clip in it. He put handcuffs on me and put me in his car, I told him where the firearm was. They retrieved it and called their superviser. Before it was all over, I had my firearm in my possesion on my way. I carry in a 511 tactical pouch. I carry a fullsize 9mm bersa with 2 full clips in chicago everyday. When you know the law they cannot touch you. I have it sitting on my seat right next to me. If problem arises, I am confident that I will have ample time to lock and load. I try to stay aware at all times. I also carry my reciept for the firearm and the law as well as my foid with me. If the police does pull you over, Just cooperate, and things will go smoother that way. If you are not doing anything wrong there is no reason to rebel.

They are not "clips" they are magazines. Let's learn our gun terms.

Quote Originally Posted by robstid View Post
    You know what I meant. If you don't have anything worth saying to say keep your petty comments to yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by bersath View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by robstid View Post
    Learn these nuts jerk off. You know what I meant. If you don't have anything worth saying to say keep your petty comments to yourself.
    Ha ha...learn these nuts
    "People should not fear their governments...governments should fear their people!"

I was arrested once in chicago for having a loaded .38 in my vehicle. The case was thrown out, but it is still on file. I was pulled over in chicago and the officer asked for my dl and insurance. He came back to the car and asked me if there was anything in my car he should know about. I told him No there was nothing in my car that he should know about. He then asked me if I still play with guns. I said yes I do still own guns. He asked me to search my car and I said dont you have to have a warrant for that and he said no he does not. So I told him that he could search it and also told him that my firearm was in my car in a closed case with no clip in it. He put handcuffs on me and put me in his car, I told him where the firearm was. They retrieved it and called their superviser. Before it was all over, I had my firearm in my possesion on my way. I carry in a 511 tactical pouch. I carry a fullsize 9mm bersa with 2 full clips in chicago everyday. When you know the law they cannot touch you. I have it sitting on my seat right next to me. If problem arises, I am confident that I will have ample time to lock and load. I try to stay aware at all times. I also carry my reciept for the firearm and the law as well as my foid with me. If the police does pull you over, Just cooperate, and things will go smoother that way. If you are not doing anything wrong there is no reason to rebel.
    You should have made him get a warrant. It would be interesting what he would say the PC was for the warrant. Usually there is a reason why the officers ask if they can search you or your property...they don't or can't get a warrant. Feel free to say no.

Quote Originally Posted by 442js View Post
    You should have made him get a warrant. It would be interesting what he would say the PC was for the warrant. Usually there is a reason why the officers ask if they can search you or your property...they don't or can't get a warrant. Feel free to say no.
    Agree...nobody searches my vehicle without going through all the legally required steps
    "People should not fear their governments...governments should fear their people!"

Learn these nuts jerk off. You know what I meant. If you don't have anything worth saying to say keep your petty comments to yourself.
    While I agree that it is nit-picking to correct someone on something so trivial as "clips versus magazines", there is also a behavioral expectation on these forums, which is known as civility. Your response dropped below the line with a personal attack.

Was the responder incorrect? If so, defend yourself and your opinion in a civil tone. If the responder was correct, either learn from it silently, or thank him/her for the correction. After all, none of us here knows everything. (There are some here who think they know everything, but you'll soon learn who they are...)

As a new member here, it might serve you well to read, read, and read some more on the forums. Sooner or later, you'll learn that there are always those who "pick-on" terminology such as "pistol versus revolver" and "clip versus magazine" and "carbine versus rifle" and "bullet versus cartridge" and so on - the list is endless.

Please learn to shrug-off the pot-shots made against your future posts or terminology used. If you "go off" over something as innocuous as someone correcting you on the use of a term, ask yourself how you would respond to a punk in a parking lot who insults you and taunts you? This is especially important because you may be carrying a concealed deadly weapon. My advice, which you can ignore or take as honestly-given and friendly advice, is to ignore the taunts, both here and in the parking lot.

And so it goes...
    NRA Life Member, US Army Veteran - 95 Bravo
    "A recent police study found that you're much more likely to get shot by a fat cop if you run." - Dennis Miller

Thanks. I will take your advice.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast