Florida CCW Automated Status check
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By dirtys0uthfl1
  • 1 Post By WinstonBiker

Florida CCW Automated Status check

This is a discussion on Florida CCW Automated Status check within the Concealed Carry Discussion forums, part of the Main Category category; Anyone with experience with the Florida CCW Automated Status system? When you call it says the application is in process. ...

Default Florida CCW Automated Status check

Anyone with experience with the Florida CCW Automated Status system?
    When you call it says the application is in process.
    Is the system kept current in that, when the application is approved, the message changes and says "it's approved" and when it is mailed, it changes and says "it was mailed"
    or does it keep saying it is in process and when you get home that day, your permit is in your mailbox?
    Just curious of what to expect since I mailed it in 3/21 and the check cleared my bank 4/4...

i'm planning on getting my permit in florida as well
    this upcoming gun show in fort lauderdale in holiday park war memorial center
    this guy might be able to give you an idea how long it takes
    Walter Philbrick
    954-922-9258
    i found his number on the bottom of gun show information if anyone had questions
    best wishes and be safe
    gun control is being able to hit your target

It works, I called about a month after my application was turned in and was shocked to hear the automated voice tell me my permit was approved and mailed

Quote Originally Posted by dirtys0uthfl1 View Post
    It works, I called about a month after my application was turned in and was shocked to hear the automated voice tell me my permit was approved and mailed
    That is what I wanted to know. Thanks!

S&W645 is offline NRA Life Member

I never checked on mine. It was approved and delivered in under two weeks after they received it. And it had been printed the week before.
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    NRA Certified RSO
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider is chaos to the fly.

The system is kept up to date, I had mine, mail box to mail box, in 28 days. I only wish Delaware had a similar system, I'm now at 73 days of my wait, with no way to check.

FINALLY!. Just called into the system and the message changed to "License has been issued..."
    That works out to 42 days from mailbox to status change. Not sure why it took that long... but oh well. my Florida permit is on the way.

White Doberman Guest

"If you have applied for a Florida concealed weapon or firearm license, you can check the status of your application by calling our Public Inquiry Section at (850) 245-5691."

Make sure you have your individual application number before you call. It's the only way to track the application. Processing time is 6 - 8 weeks for a clean submission.

Default Re: Florida CCW Automated Status check

More like the full 90 days for Tallahassee to process. They received mine 10/2/2012 and they are still processing.

White Doberman Guest

Quote Originally Posted by grumpyrocco View Post
    More like the full 90 days for Tallahassee to process. They received mine 10/2/2012 and they are still processing.
    Apparently when I submitted I forgot ( did not see this part of the process ) to write the name and adress of the law enforcement agency on the back of the finger print card. FL sent me the card back with written instructions and I returned it certified with a return receipt label.