Florida/Utah Non-residential reciprocity
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By SGB

Florida/Utah Non-residential reciprocity

This is a discussion on Florida/Utah Non-residential reciprocity within the Concealed Carry Discussion forums, part of the Main Category category; I'm new here and just received my Utah non-resident CCW. I also travel a lot to Florida from Maryland, but ...

Question Florida/Utah Non-residential reciprocity

I'm new here and just received my Utah non-resident CCW. I also travel a lot to Florida from Maryland, but the Utah permit is not recognized in Florida for non Utah residents and visa-versa. Anyone know the answer as to why? I'm in the process now of getting my paperwork ready to submit for the additional Florida permit. Thanks.

Florida ONLY accepts residential licenses from the states it has reciprocity with. The purpose of a State issuing a license to carry to a non resident is to allow that non resident to carry in that State.

Hand cut, Hand stitched, Hand made

That makes sence. Thanks!

Utah accepts the non resident Florida license. Florida does NOT accept utahs none resident license.

Utah accepts CC license/permits from any state. Florida OTOH like a few other states only recognize "resident" permits issued by the state of Utah.
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor