Have a question?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Have a question?

This is a discussion on Have a question? within the Concealed Carry Discussion forums, part of the Main Category category; Does the weekend count as days while waiting on your ccw license? When they say 45 days do I count ...

Default Have a question?

Does the weekend count as days while waiting on your ccw license? When they say 45 days do I count the weekend?

When they say 45 days that's usually just a rough estimate. They told me 45 days here in VA and I got it within 3 weeks.

Its hard to say, they told me 4 weeks and I had it in 45 days including weekends, but I did check the mail every day after about 2 weeks hoping for the best

B2Tall is offline Stirrer of the Pot

Weekends rarely count when talking about a government mandated waiting period. Jail time is about the only time weekends are counted.
    (Insert random tough-guy quote here)
    "See my gun?? Aren't you impressed?" - Anonymous sheepdog
    The hardware is the same, but the software is vastly different.

Are you really so itchy-feetie to receive your CCW? You have submitted your forms, paid your due, forget about it unless it had gone far too long...You will receive it you know... Relax...and try to have....Name:  20120504075841_image11.jpg
Views: 97
Size:  72.4 KB
    "Don't let the door hit ya where the dawg shudda bit ya!"
    G'day and Glock
    GATEWAY SWIFT WING ST. LOUIS

You would have to tell us what state you are talking about in order to provide any answer with a reasonable chance of being accurate.
    Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman. Amerika: a place where the serfs are afraid of the action the police may take against them for perfectly legal behavior.

It's for my Mississippi ccw

Was this question real? How about holidays? What if it is leap year? Shall I go on? We are talking "government"--time estimates mean "we have no darn idea and will get to it whenever". Cost estimates mean "triple our number and you are probably getting close". Federal government cost estimates mean "multiply our number by 10 or 20 and you are getting close".

Quote Originally Posted by ricoross View Post
    What is your location?
    "Don't let the door hit ya where the dawg shudda bit ya!"
    G'day and Glock
    GATEWAY SWIFT WING ST. LOUIS

Quote Originally Posted by ricoross View Post
    I'm not sure where you got your 45 days from. State law gives them 120 days to issue the license:

45-9-101. License to carry concealed pistol or revolver.

"(c) The Department of Public Safety shall, within one hundred twenty (120) days after the date of receipt of the items listed in subsection (5) of this section:"

Without digging too deep into Mississippi law and court procedures to verify; it is very common in law for periods of 10 days or less to include only working days, so 10 days equates to two full calendar weeks, with holidays adding on to the time required. In general, in law, time periods of greater than 10 days is meant to include holidays and weekends. 30 days generally means 30 consecutive calendar days, regardless of holidays and weekends. In Wyoming, for instance, the 10 days definition is found in the Wyoming State Court Rules.

We have no way of knowing what the person who said "45 days" meant because that was, apparently, their own personal opinion subject to their own personal interpretation.
    Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman. Amerika: a place where the serfs are afraid of the action the police may take against them for perfectly legal behavior.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast