Called before I was issued my permit
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Called before I was issued my permit

This is a discussion on Called before I was issued my permit within the Concealed Carry Discussion forums, part of the Main Category category; I got a call from our police chief before I was issued my permit asking: *Do childern live in the ...

lessthan0 is offline Bulldog Pride

Angry Called before I was issued my permit

I got a call from our police chief before I was issued my permit asking:

*Do childern live in the house
    *Are you married
    *Do you rent or own
    *I see you had a car stolen 7 years ago...what was the out come...was anyone arrested...did insurance pay it off
    *I see you had aproblem with a nieghbor 2 years ago...whats going on now
    *whats your employment right now
    *I see you were in a accedent 4 weeks ago...what happend
    *And a few other questions

He followed the whole conversation with "is there anything else I should know"
    What BS!

I was issued my permit but he WENT way beyond what is requiered by the state of Connecticut !

prolly part of their 'background check' ??
    down here the police benevolent society is always calling for donations ffs my taxes should be enough as well all the traffic scameras down here making bucks for the city......
    gun control is being able to hit your target

As long as he doesn't try to use any innocent happenings as an excuse to deny, I see no problem. As long as we have permits, I'd rather they actually TRY to weed out the mentally unstable. These questions could lead to a more intensive investigation if the dept. is competent.

Move to Idaho. Problem solved.

I think in my opinion he was trying to see if he could get a reaction and or get me flustered, giving him a reason to deny me.
    I just kept my cool and thanked him for his time.

You are on the east coast. The liberals are going to harass you for exercising your rights. The only question is are you going to keep playing their games and playing by their rules?

most i do not agree but some i do......the children and wife are non of his worry and the rent or own i disagree with.......but the others that you posted i can justify even thought the state sets the standards the sheriff or police chief mite see some stuff on a local record that he just wants to make sure the stated did not look over. the stolen car and the neighbor and the accident all could intertwine just to make sure your not easily angered and or in sighting these things to happen to you. Remember if a SLO signs off on you to get any kind of lic or permit and a week later you have killed some one out of cold blood or rob a store and the hole list of things your not supposed to do with guns or just anyways it is his butt in the hot seat and he could lost his job and career and maybe do jail time just cuz he did not do his job.......Protect the laws and the people where you live. so remember some mite be over baring but if there asking about things that have happend to you then just answer them and dont get pissed be glade that your tax dollars were finely being put to good use

Quote Originally Posted by Deserteagle View Post
    You are on the east coast. The liberals are going to harass you for exercising your rights. The only question is are you going to keep playing their games and playing by their rules?
    He has to answer those questions first and make sure he doesn't spill some stupid beans on the freeway or else he might not get his permit. Now that he has it, he doesn't have to live with them for a good while. Maybe in the meantime, between now and the time for him to renew, the police chief might be different and willl not let him go through those stupid questions. Hmmm.. that was a mouthful...sorry.
    "Don't let the door hit ya where the dawg shudda bit ya!"
    G'day and Glock
    GATEWAY SWIFT WING ST. LOUIS

Quote Originally Posted by jcv24_7 View Post
    most i do not agree but some i do......the children and wife are non of his worry and the rent or own i disagree with.......but the others that you posted i can justify even thought the state sets the standards the sheriff or police chief mite see some stuff on a local record that he just wants to make sure the stated did not look over. the stolen car and the neighbor and the accident all could intertwine just to make sure your not easily angered and or in sighting these things to happen to you. Remember if a SLO signs off on you to get any kind of lic or permit and a week later you have killed some one out of cold blood or rob a store and the hole list of things your not supposed to do with guns or just anyways it is his butt in the hot seat and he could lost his job and career and maybe do jail time just cuz he did not do his job.......Protect the laws and the people where you live. so remember some mite be over baring but if there asking about things that have happend to you then just answer them and dont get pissed be glade that your tax dollars were finely being put to good use
    If I was going to do something illegal with a fire arm , I sure as H*LL would not go through all of the BS to get a CCW.I can buy a long gun in CT without going through the town, buy just waiting the backround check through the FBI. No rediculous questions asked or phone calls.
    So as to him making sure I'm on the up and up does not make sense at all!
    It is absolutly none of his business regarding any of those questions! I answered all of the requiered ones on the application I submited to the state.
    Im glad to see you have no problem with LEO stepping on my rigths.

Quote Originally Posted by lessthan0 View Post
    He followed the whole conversation with "is there anything else I should know"
    What BS!
    Yeah, I slept with your daughter last night.

Sorry, I had to. Just got home from surgery. Perhaps a little punchy from the meds.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast