Straight Pull or FBI cant - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree19Likes

Straight Pull or FBI cant

This is a discussion on Straight Pull or FBI cant within the Concealed Carry Discussion forums, part of the Main Category category; Different strokes for different folks. There is no wrong answer. Whatever feels best and gets your weapon on target the ...

Different strokes for different folks. There is no wrong answer. Whatever feels best and gets your weapon on target the fastest.
    “There are no stupid questions, only stupid people.”- Mr. Herbert Garrison
    "Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups."- Jeff Cooper
    "Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still."- D. Carnegie

I use Desantis Sof-Tuck for my Colt Gov't .380 and My 1911 .38 super I can adjust the cant to suit my needs. Also I can tuck my shirt in if need to.
    The Only Easy Day Was Yesterday

Thanks for the good response, and as mentioned I was curious as to what everyone uses or prefers. I too have a drawer full of holsters that I have tried over time and have also found that if I carry past 3:30 I prefer the FBI cant, otherwise it is the straight draw at 3 or before. Same goes when using an OWB holster as well. Based on where I am going always decides which of the three carry weapons I will use and as each has their own IWB and OWB it always comes down to what I wear and what is most comfortable. The only thing that never changes is the backup in the ankle glove that is always there. Thanks again for the good responses.
    NRA Life Member
    1911-45, 9, 22, P229, P220, P228, PPQ, 38 spl

Quote Originally Posted by eagleeyes View Post
    wow you carry two guns? guess it keeps ya balanced
    heheh
    I have a friend whose father was a WW II vet. He always said that, "If you have to go to your back up gun, you are probably in more trouble than you were when you started out. You don't need a smaller one, you need a bigger one. Also, you shouldn't try to change operating systems in the middle of a firefight." I thought about that for a long time and I couldn't defeat the logic,So I carry guns in pairs.
    War to the Knife, Knife to the hilt.
    If we don't want to live in a trashy area, we all have to be willing to help pick up the trash.

Quote Originally Posted by Seeya View Post
    I use Desantis Sof-Tuck for my Colt Gov't .380 and My 1911 .38 super I can adjust the cant to suit my needs. Also I can tuck my shirt in if need to.
    That's the neat thing about holsters that can have their cant changed.
    STGC(SW)
    USN (ret)

hogdoc357 is offline HogDoc Olliday

Quote Originally Posted by sig_man View Post
    Thought I would try to start a discussion on types of holsters. Trying to determine which is best for both IWB and OWB, a straight pull up draw or the standard 15 degree FBI cant. I have both and the each have their advantages and disadvantages. What do you think?
    When carrying in the 1,2, or 3 o'clock...I prefer the straight pull. When carrying in the 4-5 o'clock...I prefer a slight cant.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12