getting up and down comfortability question
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

getting up and down comfortability question

This is a discussion on getting up and down comfortability question within the Concealed Carry Discussion forums, part of the Main Category category; Hey guys, I'm new and have a quick question, wondering if any of you have or had the same problem. ...

Default getting up and down comfortability question

Hey guys, I'm new and have a quick question, wondering if any of you have or had the same problem. When I carry IWB its completely comfortable for me as long as im standing, but as soon as I go to sit down in my car for example, my gun digs right into my side, even if I adjust it. It's at the point where every time I get into my car I have to take it out of the holster. Does anyone else have this problem, and do you just take it out whenever you sit down? Or is there something to make it a little more comfortable for the up/down motion. Thanks

Loosen up your belt to give you more freedom to adjust and move your gun to a more comfortable position. For long drives you might just put the whole rig on the passenger seat.

Mine digs into me if i carry at about 3 o clock, but if i carry 4-5 o clock its much better

UATKP is offline Uncle Al

I have a Remora holster with full sweat shield. I wear it at 3:00, with just a very slight forward can't. It conceals my little Bersa well, and doesn't jab me either standing or sitting.
    Removing it from the holster might make it a little more comfortable when your in your vehicle, but that might be hard to do in an office environment.
    Hope you get the problem solved,
    Uncle Al
    Stop, Drop, and Roll won't work in Hell.
    The truth about the former Republic of the United States of America:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6Ioz...ayer_embedded#

Try the 4-5 position, I had the same issue moved it there and have had no issues.

I used to have a little problem when I carry a FS 1911. Using a little bit of the FBI cant and 3:30ish carry helped a ton. I give the pistol just a little bit of a push on the beaver tail to "twist" it forward when I sit in the car. No problems.

Psalm 82:3-5

Have to 'twist it forward in the 3:00 position, but great at the 4:00 -5:00 position.... all about comfort!

rdm6680 is offline Banned

Crossdraw at 10 or 11 o'clock. Crossbreed quickclip or desanti iwb. You will be hooked. Give it a try and practice drawing that way.

hogdoc357 is offline HogDoc Olliday

Quote Originally Posted by bb16 View Post
    Hey guys, I'm new and have a quick question, wondering if any of you have or had the same problem. When I carry IWB its completely comfortable for me as long as im standing, but as soon as I go to sit down in my car for example, my gun digs right into my side, even if I adjust it. It's at the point where every time I get into my car I have to take it out of the holster. Does anyone else have this problem, and do you just take it out whenever you sit down? Or is there something to make it a little more comfortable for the up/down motion. Thanks
    I have taken my revolver out of my holster while driving. I have that problem when carrying in the 5 o'clock position. Not as bad at the 3/4 o'clock position. It's okay in the appendix position too. Not much problems when riding the Harley.

What sidearm & holster are you using? What's your build?

Hand cut, Hand stitched, Hand made

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast