1:00
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

1:00

This is a discussion on 1:00 within the Concealed Carry Discussion forums, part of the Main Category category; I'd like to hear some views or opinions on carrying iwb at the 1:00 position... New to ccw and I'm ...

Default 1:00

I'd like to hear some views or opinions on carrying iwb at the 1:00 position... New to ccw and I'm a smaller guy so this position seems to be the best when wearing a t shirt. :p

I too am thin, my firearm always rides in front of me. Usually right over the front pocket of my jeans. Right next to my six pack abs..(Ha ha) Even at the 3:00 position it is VERY obvious that there is something under my shirt. I think that it is easier to draw from the front. Just my opinion...

I am a short woman and I draw from the front if I IWB. Didn't feel sexy at all when I look preggy (pregnant) with my gun up front so I followed a suggestion of one member here and bought me a Sneaky Pete Holster that matches photography gear. People must think it is one of my accessories bag. Lots of practice but I am OK now...no matter where you put your gun, always practice on how to draw as often as you can...you'll never go wrong when the time comes and you need to draw immediately.

Drive safe...keep safe...and be safe out there...
    "Don't let the door hit ya where the dawg shudda bit ya!"
    G'day and Glock
    GATEWAY SWIFT WING ST. LOUIS

There really isn't any particular carry position that is better than any other one. Each position offers something that may be better under certain circumstances than another...for instance 1:00 is better while driving than a 3:00 or 4:00 if you drive a car with a center console or have seat that have deep backs. A 11:00 cross draw position is often used by bodyguards who drive cars for their clients, versus a 3:00. I say whatever works for you, conceals well, is comfy and you can draw quickly and safely is fine.
    Kevin - NRA Life Member
    2nd Amendment = Freedom from Tyranny

1:00?!?!
    What happens when you want to sit down?

Quote Originally Posted by ricardo900 View Post
    The gun then make up its mind and shoot his jewels because it got in the way????
    (Geez! I've been dying to say that!!!)
    "Don't let the door hit ya where the dawg shudda bit ya!"
    G'day and Glock
    GATEWAY SWIFT WING ST. LOUIS

I've never carried at the 1:00 for any extended period of time. It never felt comfortable to me so I didn't use it. I like my weapons right around the 4:00 or 5:00, it stays hidden when I'm walking around and during practice draws I minimize flagging myself on the draw. But like it was stated if it works for you use it.
    Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum

Default My .02

I use a versa carry iwb system in the area you state I wear t-shirts with no print ( slight ) mag. shows very little, I find it comfortable sitting,standing,tree-climbing < part time job ;-) , now mind you I am carrying a full size Glock Gen 1 model 22 .40 cal
    A Body Piercing
    Saved My Life
    <(((><

Back when my arms were longer than my waist line, a cross draw set up worked very well for me. Now, depending on the clothes I'm wearing I'll carry at either 1 or 4 o'clock. Practicing your draw is always a good idea, muscle memory goes a long way.

Quote Originally Posted by ricardo900 View Post

When I sit down it stays right where it needs to be actually real comfortable... More than 5 or 6:00

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast