Crossbreed Holsters - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree17Likes

Crossbreed Holsters

This is a discussion on Crossbreed Holsters within the Concealed Carry Discussion forums, part of the Main Category category; Forward cant usually solves the problem of sitting in a car or chair in my experience....

Forward cant usually solves the problem of sitting in a car or chair in my experience.

wbk
    wbk is offline Never enough time...

I really like my Cross Breed (super tuck) but I haven't used it since picking up a N82 Tactical (pro version). I will probably use the CB again when cooler weather comes back around. I like the N82 as it keeps any sweat off the gun and is even more comfortable than the CB... heck I've fallen asleep with it on!

Quote Originally Posted by stxchl View Post
    Just ordered my first Crossbreed Holster. Looking for any feedback on their products. Any info would be appreciated.
    GREAT holsters!

Like any holster, you may need to play with the cant, ride height & position until you hit the sweet spot. I've been doing business with them for years. (I have three holster & two belts.)

The one thing I've done with my holsters is replace the clips. I use a combination of a "J" clip & "Velcro" clip in most cases. However, in times when I want 100% concealment, I use two "Velcro" clips. I've trimmed one of my holsters down for AIWB. Combine that with velcro clips & velco backed belt, I have 100% concealment. (NO visible clips & no visible "bulge")

-

I bought 2 plain clips from Tommy Theis and installed them on my Supertuck. I don't like the clips with the crosses on them, not because of the religious implications, but because it could be noticed by someone else, especially when wearing a belt color besides black.

Concealed means concealed. Too bad Crossbreed doesn't want to offer plain clips. I will buy from Theis in the future. But that is their choice. Theis holsters are less money anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Swinokur View Post
    I bought 2 plain clips from Tommy Theis and installed them on my Supertuck. I don't like the clips with the crosses on them, not because of the religious implications, but because it could be noticed by someone else, especially when wearing a belt color besides black.

Concealed means concealed. Too bad Crossbreed doesn't want to offer plain clips. I will buy from Theis in the future. But that is their choice. Theis holsters are less money anyway.
    What do you mean by "plain" clips?

Crossbreed offers several different types of clips without the "Cross". (Which I think may be your problem)

You can get velcro clips & a velcro backed belt then you have TOTAL concealment with a CBST. You can also use "J" hooks with a standard belt and have near complete concealment.

-

-

I want PLAIN clips without embossed crosses and I'm not interested in J Clip, velcro clips etc. Crossbreen doesn't want to offer them. Ok by me. Theis does and I bought from him. I carry heavy full size all steel pistols, (1911 and DE or Smith 10xx series guns.) I need the support of over the belt clips and I already own gun belts and I don't feel like doing the velcro things.

It's not a big deal. As I said, there are plenty of alternatives. I found one and I'm happy.

Just received my crossbreed supertuck flexible my Kahr CW9. Changed the standard clip with the J clips and changed the can't towards the front.

Love the holster!

Just ordered my Supertuck from Crossbreedseconds.com, looking forward to getting in the mail.

I went with horse leather because its extremely dense, non-porous leather that resist your body oil, sweat and salts to make it a more durable for everyday carry. I purchased another similar holster in horse leather from a different vendor. The clips on the Crossbred are still going strong whereas the other brand was done after 3 months. The other holster is still usable, but the Crossbred is now my primary holster.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12