Accidental Discharge
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Accidental Discharge

This is a discussion on Accidental Discharge within the Concealed Carry Discussion forums, part of the Main Category category; Has anyone ever had a Ruger LCP discharge without intending it to? Dropping it or otherwise? Thanks very much....

Default Accidental Discharge

Has anyone ever had a Ruger LCP discharge without intending it to? Dropping it or otherwise?

Thanks very much.

Funny you asked that . Today my daughter thought to wake me up by freaking me out would be good . My lcp flew across the room into my dresser loaded . Didn't go off. I mean slammed into it

How old is your daughter and have you trained her at all about weapons.
    Bill

Quote Originally Posted by justxboxin View Post
    Funny you asked that . Today my daughter thought to wake me up by freaking me out would be good . My lcp flew across the room into my dresser loaded . Didn't go off. I mean slammed into it
    Please tell us this didn't happen, or at least tell us that your daughter is over 18, knows how to handle a handgun and the gun was un-loaded. If any of those three basic gun handling safety requirements are missing.....then you are a moron! Even if she was over 18, knows how to handle a gun and it was un-loaded, there is some idiocy that needs to be addressed. Guns are not practical joke props.
    Kevin - NRA Life Member
    2nd Amendment = Freedom from Tyranny

I should have wrote that better I guess ... My lcp was on the covers next to me . She came in my room screaming at me to scare me .. The gun flew across the room into my dresser . It was loaded idk what good a unloaded firearm is . And yes she knows firearm safety

perhaps it's time just boxin to speak to your daughter about crying wolf !and discuss if a real emergency were to happen what she and the rest of the family should do and have even a plan b and c in place in case of a real home invasion and perhaps go through the drill even to instill your protection procedure, and perhaps don't sleep with a loaded gun on your bed covers but rather somewhere safe and reachable

be safe
    gun control is being able to hit your target

Quote Originally Posted by eagleeyes View Post
    perhaps it's time just boxin to speak to your daughter about crying wolf !and discuss if a real emergency were to happen what she and the rest of the family should do and have even a plan b and c in place in case of a real home invasion and perhaps go through the drill even to instill your protection procedure, and perhaps don't sleep with a loaded gun on your bed covers but rather somewhere safe and reachable

be safe
    I completely understand . First thought was wow that didn't go off . Second thought your in trouble for screaming waking me up lol

The_Outlaw is offline ~The Dude Abides~
    The Great State of Texas "Remember the Alamo"

I don't mean to sound like a jerk, but this post makes me ~SMFH~.
    No Bueno.
    Fascist's are Magicians...They can make our Property, our Freedom's & even our Children 'Disappear'.
    ~Outlaw~

People, please don't sleep with your gun on the bed next to you. At least put it in a drawer or lock box under the bed. And get an alarm system or dog if you're that paranoid.
    Raid!!! Kills bugs dead.

I should have wrote that better I guess ... My lcp was on the covers next to me . She came in my room screaming at me to scare me .. The gun flew across the room into my dresser . It was loaded idk what good a unloaded firearm is . And yes she knows firearm safety
    Maybe going forward you will keep it on your nightstand or on the dresser? just a thought.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast