Car Safe question
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Car Safe question

This is a discussion on Car Safe question within the Concealed Carry Discussion forums, part of the Main Category category; In CT its illegal to store your gun in a Car without you in it. Was wondering if i were ...

Default Car Safe question

In CT its illegal to store your gun in a
    Car without you in it. Was wondering if i were to put a safe in my truck would that make it legal to store my pistol if i ever needed to go somewere without it? I got a pickup truck 2 seater. It would be open storage area behind seat

routereyes is offline Independent Conservative

You need better laws in CT. Work with a state/local gun rights group to change them.

Ct gun laws suck.... I'm going through the courts right now for something that in most other states would be an non-issue.... Ct sucks, sucks, sucks!!!

K-man were in CT and what happend?

Tolland county.... long story short.... A junkie ripped off all of my cancer meds, he came back to my place the next day & didn't like what I was saying to him so, he started pushing me & backed me into a corner outside. I shot into the grass at my foot to scare him off of me. I feel I had every right to use castle law but, I wasn't sure of what was behind him. It's now for the courts to decide. My lawer & other lawers sad I'll have no problem but, I could always get a prosecutor wanting to make a point.... what a PITA. I was charged with intimidating .... well, yeah.

I've been thinking about posting the whole story here to see what others think.

To answer your first question ... I'm pretty sure you're set if you have a secure lock box in your car you can leave your gun in it and not be breaking the law.

Lol did you really fire a warning shot. I thought that is illegal and if you take your gun out it should be to shoot and nothing else.

Quote Originally Posted by RobShield9mm View Post
    In CT its illegal to store your gun in a
    Car without you in it. Was wondering if i were to put a safe in my truck would that make it legal to store my pistol if i ever needed to go somewere without it? I got a pickup truck 2 seater. It would be open storage area behind seat
    I hate to sound like I do not understand english but if CT says you cannot store gun in car without you in it, how does locking it up without you in it change anything?

Some states allow to lock your gun up in a car. Iv been reading alota posts on this forum and iv never made a post and it seems theres always one or two jackass that wanna start an argument or call you out on something. It seems everybody has balls all of the sudden when they are behind a computer

Rob, yeah that's what I thought too but, that's all I could do at the second. I did have every intention to shoot him but...thing change real fast. It worked and he stopped attacking me. Like I said long story and I'll let the courts decide.
    Lowell
    Connecticut & Florida CCW Permit

“Less of a random killing machine, more of a personal statement.” Q about the PPK/S

As I too live in CT I can tell you that as many people as I've asked and laws that I've read, there is no answer. Closest I can find is that its ok as long as you don't store it in a place where a reasonable person could believe that a child cant get hold of it. So it's very vague. Cause if a minor steals your truck you're screwed. I don't have one in mine but then again it's mostly on me.
    Guns.??? What Guns???

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast