Bullet explodes inside woman’s purse, shoots her leg - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree27Likes

Bullet explodes inside woman’s purse, shoots her leg

This is a discussion on Bullet explodes inside woman’s purse, shoots her leg within the Concealed Carry Discussion forums, part of the Main Category category; Originally Posted by Keykutter "Something must of hit the primer of one of the bullets," Bentley said.......You can tell this ...

Quote Originally Posted by Keykutter View Post

"Something must of hit the primer of one of the bullets," Bentley said.......You can tell this reporter did not do well in English class. "must of"????? WTF

KK
    The reporter was quoting the police chief. Apparently, the police chief failed english.
    Taurus 24/7 Pro C DS .45acp----Taurus 738 TCP .380
    Browning Hi-Power 9mm----Ruger Super Blackhawk .44----GSG 1911-22 Tac.

How many of you have dropped a round on the ground while at the range? I've done it plenty of times. A friend of mine dropped a round on gravel at the range and the cartridge landed primer side down and discharged. Funniest thing I had ever seen was he and three other guys jumping in the air. (before anyone asks, no, no one was injured)

Goes to show you, freaky things can happen.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

[QUOTE=NavyLCDR:321882]
    Quote Originally Posted by SGB View Post

What the heck were you doing carrying around a "AA" battery in your pocket?!?
    It's not a AA battery, and it is really good to see you!
    “Self defense is a primary law of nature, which no subsequent law of society can abolish; the immediate gift of the Creator, obliges everyone … to resist the first approaches of tyranny.” -- Elbridge Gerry

I have to call ******** on this one. There is no verification listed, no name of the victim, no police report mentioned. Someone has 2or 3 loose bullets in their purse without being aware of them and these just happened to spontaneously blow up? The reporter says it is "nearly unbelievable" - I disagree. Without any substantiation I find it completely unbelievable. This sounds like just the kind of stories that the media likes to spread around as a way to justify infringing on gun rights. Since the "injury" was the result of a bullet casing, it would have to have a police report filed. I think a quick check of Montoursville police reports would quickly answer the question.

[QUOTE=defender829;321959]
    Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR:321882

It's not a AA battery, and it is really good to see you!
    AA battery??? Bragging huh? :):):)

KK

Did I read this right? "Honest officer, I didn't know my purse was loaded." :)
    NRA,
    Armed Citizens Legal Defense Fund
    http://armedcitizensnetwork.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Keykutter View Post
    You're showing your age. Fulminate of Mercury has not been used in primers for a long, long time.

"Something must of hit the primer of one of the bullets," Bentley said.......You can tell this reporter did not do well in English class. "must of"????? WTF

KK
    The reporter was quoting the Deputy Police Chief. "Must of" is used in various places around the country, though as often as not it ends up being "musta", which I am occasionally guilty of.
    "I don't think that a society that encourages over a million abortions a year....a society that kills out of convenience, i.e., Jack Kevorkian, can not have consequences." --Rush Limbaugh

XfNujNplhaib is offline Si vis pacem, para bellum

Always know where your ammo is, like knowing where your kids are at all times... Oh wait.

"must of" aka, must have, aka musta
    heheh it's all good
    gun control is being able to hit your target

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12