Sunday Afternoon Brawl - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Sunday Afternoon Brawl

This is a discussion on Sunday Afternoon Brawl within the Concealed Carry Discussion forums, part of the Main Category category; You for not video taping it. Luv a good street fight....

rdm6680 is offline Banned

You for not video taping it. Luv a good street fight.

rdm6680 is offline Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Wyldekard:324146
    Quote Originally Posted by SR40c View Post
    This past Sunday I was out for a ride on the scooter. Had a nice ride along some winding roads through countryside. Eventually ended up in Des Moines riding around. Pulled up to a red light at what is a fairly large intersection. Across the intersection, there were about six vehicles waiting as well. All of a sudden, it looked like a Chinese fire drill. Seems a group of thugs in a SUV had a problem with a couple of other thugs in an old Crown Vic (yup, an old police car). Bodys bouncing all different directions, fists flying, meat hitting pavement. As I sit there, I was thinking, damn, sure hope nobody whips out a gun or a knife because I want to stick around and see this. Just as that thought crossed my mind, out comes a ball bat. Oh boy, this is gonna get real good now. Thug with the bat gets a couple swings at his much larger opponent, but the bad news is, the guy with the bat still gets beat down. About this time, the light turns green and the drill is over. They all retreat to their vehicles and drive away.
    Cheap entertainment over.

Told this story to some people at work, some who know I carry. A couple different ones said something to the effect; "Why didn't you stop it?" or "I bet you were itching to pull your gun."

My response to both was; "No, that's not why I carry and it shows how little people like you know about it. Besides, I could care less if they kill each other, not my problem."

Which leads me wonder, who is the most ignorant? The thugs fighting in the intersection or my coworkers?
    Tough choice. The ignorance of the thugs is blatant and senseless. The ignorance of the coworkers is subtle and insideous. Both almost equally dangerous in their own way.
    Why are the thugs ignorant? At least they stand up for what they believe in and take action. We all just sit here and *****.

Quote Originally Posted by SR40c View Post
    This past Sunday I was out for a ride on the scooter. Had a nice ride along some winding roads through countryside. Eventually ended up in Des Moines riding around. Pulled up to a red light at what is a fairly large intersection. Across the intersection, there were about six vehicles waiting as well. All of a sudden, it looked like a Chinese fire drill. Seems a group of thugs in a SUV had a problem with a couple of other thugs in an old Crown Vic (yup, an old police car). Bodys bouncing all different directions, fists flying, meat hitting pavement. As I sit there, I was thinking, damn, sure hope nobody whips out a gun or a knife because I want to stick around and see this. Just as that thought crossed my mind, out comes a ball bat. Oh boy, this is gonna get real good now. Thug with the bat gets a couple swings at his much larger opponent, but the bad news is, the guy with the bat still gets beat down. About this time, the light turns green and the drill is over. They all retreat to their vehicles and drive away.
    Cheap entertainment over.

Told this story to some people at work, some who know I carry. A couple different ones said something to the effect; "Why didn't you stop it?" or "I bet you were itching to pull your gun."

My response to both was; "No, that's not why I carry and it shows how little people like you know about it. Besides, I could care less if they kill each other, not my problem."

Which leads me wonder, who is the most ignorant? The thugs fighting in the intersection or my coworkers?

The answer to your question is YES!
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

SR40c is offline Done told her once...

Quote Originally Posted by Robby3006 View Post
    Scooters are gay. Get a harley. Just saying
    It is a Harley. Now crawl back in your hole.

I used to be a government-educated stooge. By the grace of God, I repent. -Robert Burris

SR40c is offline Done told her once...

Quote Originally Posted by rdm6680 View Post
    Why are the thugs ignorant? At least they stand up for what they believe in and take action. We all just sit here and *****.
    What's this "We" sh!t? You have a mouse in your pocket? Oh wait...

I used to be a government-educated stooge. By the grace of God, I repent. -Robert Burris

You should've fired some WARNING SHOTS for them to cease the fighting....

LOL!

Default dumb

The dumb is strong in your co-workers LOL
    If it doesn't fit, FORCE it! If it breaks then it needed to be replaced anyway.

I believe your Co-workers at Least the thugs had the Gall to settle thier problem wether Right,or Wrong they did something about it.

Co-workers,or just poeple in general like to sit around,and pass judgement on those who react to an situation. There opionions are always the same too.

A Man,or Women are not Judged by what they say,But how they react to a situation. Anyone can sit in an office,or a room spouting off at the mouth, But only a choosen few actually do something about it.
    NRA,NYCCW,PALTCF,FLCCW,ARCCW,DCM,NYSRPA,SCOPE

Be a man, ride a Pan. Want some grief, ride a Chief, want some more, ride a Four. I should know, have them all and then some more.

blinddog is offline Banned

Alot of people are really ignorant about why a person chooses to carry a weapon.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast