Sunday Afternoon Brawl - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Sunday Afternoon Brawl

This is a discussion on Sunday Afternoon Brawl within the Concealed Carry Discussion forums, part of the Main Category category; There was no reason for you to get involved. You did the right thing. I hope you weren't as cold ...

There was no reason for you to get involved. You did the right thing. I hope you weren't as cold as your post when you talked to your coworkers. It would have been a great time to educate them and you would have had "morality" on your side to make your point.
    You don't care if they kill each other. I understand that but I hope down deep you do care. The world is cold enough. That does not mean you get involved because you absolutely should not.
    The thugs are depraved and stupid. Your co workers are ignorant. That doesn't mean they are stupid although they may be. It just means they don't understand.
    Take the time to educate them and at the same time their opinion of you should grow.
    BTW don't get too close to the entertainment and become an innocent bystander victim.
    NRA Life Member

What's wrong with a scooter? Sunglasses on top of your head. A chartreuse sweater over your shoulders tied around your neck and a pink Ralph Lauren polo. Topsiders and khakis.
    NRA Life Member

SR40c is offline Done told her once...

Quote Originally Posted by CapGun View Post
    There was no reason for you to get involved. You did the right thing. I hope you weren't as cold as your post when you talked to your coworkers. It would have been a great time to educate them and you would have had "morality" on your side to make your point.
    You don't care if they kill each other. I understand that but I hope down deep you do care. The world is cold enough. That does not mean you get involved because you absolutely should not.
    The thugs are depraved and stupid. Your co workers are ignorant. That doesn't mean they are stupid although they may be. It just means they don't understand.
    Take the time to educate them and at the same time their opinion of you should grow.
    BTW don't get too close to the entertainment and become an innocent bystander victim.
    Would have tried to have taken the opportunity to "educate" them, but in some cases, it's just a waste of time. This was one of those times.

I used to be a government-educated stooge. By the grace of God, I repent. -Robert Burris

Quote Originally Posted by SR40c View Post
    Would have tried to have taken the opportunity to "educate" them, but in some cases, it's just a waste of time. This was one of those times.
    Oh I totally understand that. Also I knew you were not that uncaring and cold.
    NRA Life Member

This brings to mind a few sayings I like: Let's you and him fight. Selective evolution. You can't fix stupid.
    You did what I believe I would have done. I do like the "tag and report" idea though.

Quote Originally Posted by rdm6680 View Post
    Why are the thugs ignorant? At least they stand up for what they believe in and take action. We all just sit here and *****.
    To paraphrase the old saying "it is better to not speak and have people suspect you are a fool than to speak and prove unequivocally that you are one". Thank you for such a shining example of the validity of that axiom.
    “There are no stupid questions, only stupid people.”- Mr. Herbert Garrison
    "Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups."- Jeff Cooper
    "Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still."- D. Carnegie

"Which leads me wonder, who is the most ignorant? The thugs fighting in the intersection or my coworkers?"
    Sounds like a comparison between a cretin and an idiot. By not getting involved you displayed more good sense than was in the posession of the Cretins and the Idiots.
    Better to perish in the struggle for freedom than live to see defeat. There ARE things to be feared more than death. The fyrd is a Constitutional imperative.

I got in to a scrape with our HR folks who had a similar question. You would have thought I would have started a terrorist uprising while traveling over night, in some not so great areas. On slip of someone finding out.
    Now coworkers may be ignorant. Some may even listen to you. So, you owe it to them to at least try to educate them, if you get an opportunity.
    Unfortunately, when some of them get in a position of power, they believe they are sent to the masses to bring righteous justice to those of us who want our rights and our safety.
    In short, be careful who knows you carry.

Psalm 82:3-5

Quote Originally Posted by SR40c View Post
    It is a Harley. Now crawl back in your hole.
    Don't let him bother you, I scoot around on GL1800, HD FatBoy or a Burgman 650 Exec depending on a lot of things.
    GCO Member
    NRA Member
    NRA RSO, Certified Basic Pistol and Personal Protection In The Home Instructor

You carry for SELF defense, not thug defense.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast