good knife tactic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

good knife tactic

This is a discussion on good knife tactic within the Concealed Carry Discussion forums, part of the Main Category category; good knife tactic tip...

Default good knife tactic

good knife tactic tip
    gun control is being able to hit your target

I'm going to disagree on this one.

for the following reasons:

1.-This is good if you are always walking around. Not a good idea if you are in any other position.
    2.- it is not a good way to carry while you are sitting down, because it is uncomfortable and not easy to access while you sit.
    3.- You got to remember that if you are struggling to keep your firearm you need to first get some distance and remove yourself from the attack perimeter.

It is better to have it concealed on the side of your weak hand...but again, you need to practice, because if it is your weak hand you will need to be proficient with it...or they can take it away during a dynamic incident.

Just saying... my opinion and my experience...nothing against the instructor, I love SigSauer Academy. :)
    Invest a Day at the Citadel, learn to be safe forever.
    www.citadelinstitute.com

Treo is offline Bullet Proof

Quote Originally Posted by eagleeyes View Post
    good knife tactic tip
    Do you have any actual experience with this tactic? Have you ever used it in a fight or even in training?
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

hey stingray it depends on the length of the blade and how you carry it in your waist. i have a small folding knife i usually carry, and some switchblades as well ....being i don't have my permit yet i just carry the smaller folding knife in my right pocket but after watching that vid i think i'm going to make it a habit to carry it in my left non dominant hand pocket and eventually get a nice knife i can wear on my waist perhaps at an angle so i can draw it even whilst sitting. i liked the video as it gave me some good ideas to play with in developing my sd tactics
    treo the troll just fyi i still have you on my ignore list so i don't read your comments unless someone quoted them in their reply

I simply carry two knives, one in each pocket, problem solved.

Hand cut, Hand stitched, Hand made

Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by eagleeyes View Post
    good knife tactic tip
    Do you have any actual experience with this tactic? Have you ever used it in a fight or even in training?
    I also disagree with this tip/trick. As I carry a knife as a backup or as a primary when I can't have my gun on me. The centerline is an ok idea if you don't have to sit or don't have any organs down there.
    I prefer a knife with an ambidextrous open, carried in the weak side pocket. If someone is close enough to grab my gun I have failed. If they do get hold of it I'm doing everything I can to disengage them and move to a more advantageous position. Weak side is more logical in this instance. Not to mention they bear hug you and you now have lost your pistol and your knife.

I also agree with Treo's comments. I have provided then in a quote for you to read. Although I don't always agree with Treo he does usually add to the debate more times than detract and normally is playing devil's advocate, which is appreciated, at least by me, thanks Treo. I'd un-ignore him and read what he has to say you may learn to see things differently.
    Guns.??? What Guns???

what is it you agree with when treo the troll said ''Do you have any actual experience with this tactic? Have you ever used it in a fight or even in training?''

frankly his comment didn't help me any at all but rather again served to feed his own ego imo
    but to answer his question i did after watching the video begin to practice opening my knife with my left hand and also practiced with my switchblade drawing it from my left pocket pretending to slice the arm of someone who has their hand on my holstered gun just like the video posted.......and have won a knife fight before by simply taking the knife out of the perps hand who used one to try and rob me but none the less i will continue tactical training with knives and other self defense tactics as well
    thank you

Treo. Yes I do and also have the scars to prove it sir. 4 years in south america doing drug operations. but again, I have nothing to prove.

You have to remember eagleeyes the smaller the blade the harder it is to get to it when you are in a grab situation, just like trying to release your slide with a small slide release on your sem-automatic.

in a confrontation where the bad guy is close to you and your fighting to keep your balance (yes the person that looses balance in a grab situation will loose the upper hand) and your life...also, remember that you are fighting an attacker that is trying to take your gun..priority #1 is to create as much distance between you and your attacker, so you can be able to draw the firearm or be able to pull the knife...

I never said that you need to have it on the weak side of the pocket exposed...I said on the weak side and I also said concealed. if they can see the clip they can grab it.

also, take my advice with a grain of salt, I have different experiences, everyone has an opinion and I value all of them, that is the only way that you can learn (have an open mind).

Nothing against you Treo...You know it..!

Also, I do not take anything personal, life is to short. hehe. lord knows I have cheated talking to him more than one time.

good luck everyone and remember to use what works for you and keep it simple.
    www.citadelinstitute.com

eagleeyes...you are on the right track.

keep an open mind, train and use what best fits you.

that is what I provide in my classes...I provide options, it is the students obligation to take what works for them and apply it.

the instructor is there to assist not to dictate.

also one is none, two is one, and so on. :) options it is what life is all about.
    www.citadelinstitute.com

Blog Entries

Personally I wear tac pants so I have two blades, or for each side both ambidextrous and at the low thigh so it is extremely comfortable and easily accessible from either hand in even the most precarious situations. The key is finding what works best for you. When not in tac pants, I still carry two blades one in both side pockets. If you only carry one, I prefer weak side because centerline has just as many disadvantages as weak side carry with a blade. What I don't like about centerline blade is that it is nearly inaccessible while sitting or crouched which in a hand to hand encounter is most likely going to be a natural position to enter Into, in the perfect world you as a vigilant responsible gun owner will use that to your advantage to either avoid the confrontation or put a stop to the threat before your locked in a hand to hand fight. But we all know it won't always happen the way we plan it out too.

Just my two cents.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast